Coming down the stairs is King William with Queen Kate on his arm, and standing at the top is Princess Charlotte linked with Prince Thomas.

I see the prince, in his barnet red coloured suit, looking fine as he catches my eyes. His green eyes pierce into mine, and he shoots me a smirk.
I try to make it to him first, but Daisy beats me to it and latches onto his arm speedily.

I sigh but just move over to the princess.
"Charlotte, that dress is stunning." I say as I approach, taking in her gold dress that matches the actual crown on her head, the same colour as my tiara.
I notice the prince glance over at me briefly as he hears my voice.

"Thanks Izzy, you look beautiful too." She says and takes my arm in hers.
I could see cameras set up all around the room, and I'm sure this would be all over the news tomorrow.

There were gowns and suits that ranged in colour from pale green to dark red. And the styles of gowns varied from puffy floor length to short, just kissing the knee dresses.

Princess Charlotte laughed as we tried to move through the crowd but I ended up stepping on a few toes.

But I had to stop when I nearly bowled over this one guy. He seemed apologetic even though I was the one who ran into him.

"I'm sorry." I say to the guy probably only a year or two younger than me, but he waves me off.

"Not your fault." He says with a smile and quickly moves away.

Princess Charlotte yanks me back to face her and looks at me with wide eyes.
"Do you have any idea who you just bumped into?" She asks like I'm crazy and is scolding teasingly.

I shake my head no and she looks embarrassed for me, "That's Will Martina. Son of the most important of the royal advisors and investors. He also is England's most elite athletes for his age. He's kind of a celebrity."

"Well I didn't mean to run into him. And celebrity? Really? You're royalty anyway." I say and try to find the guy with my scan around the room, maybe hoping for a better apology, "How old is he?"

"Just turned 17 actually." She replies quickly.

I turn to Charlotte, "You seem to know a lot about him then. Any chance you might like this guy?" I say with a smirk.

Charlotte smacks my arm lightly, "No! No way, Thomas would kill me." She says in a harsh whisper but I don't miss the blush spreading across her cheeks.

"You do!" I say and Charlotte hides her head in my shoulder.

"Seriously, I'm not allowed to like him." The princess says and points to him who stands across the floor, "It's against the rules for me and him to be together."

"Why?" I ask and she looks at me with a sad expression.

Charlotte twists her dark hair around her fingers, "He's an advisors son, it's inappropriate. Plus my parents want me to have my own selection." She admits to me quietly.

"Do you have to? I mean if you don't want one then they can't force you." I say and she shakes her head annoyed.

"I will have to, my parents have always wanted me to and now my brothers has gone so well they think it's an amazing idea." Charlotte says and rolls her eyes.

"I'm going to get you to dance with him." I say and I know it's my mission for tonight.
She shakes her head forcefully no and looks at me with wide eyes.

Charlotte tries to step away from me but because the room is so packed she doesn't make it very far and I take her arm again.

"I can't." The princess shakes her head again.

I roll my eyes and give her a smirk, "Fine, I'll just bring him to you." I say and quickly duck off into the crowd in search for Will.

As I look for Charlotte's blonde haired mystery man, I find he is chatting with Harriet and Hadley.

"Excuse me? Will is it?" I say, interrupting and they all turn to me. Will nods politely.

"My friend would like to dance with you." I say and Will smiles at me.

He agrees with a sharp nod, "And who might your friend be?" He asks, a smooth British accent.

I look around but see Charlotte is nowhere to be found, "She was there a second ago. Let me find her."

Will let's out a chuckle and shrugs as if he doesn't mind. He seems pretty laid back, taller than me and sandy blonde hair.

I move away from Will to try and pull Charlotte back but I can't see her amongst the crowds, but am stopped when a soft music starts playing.

The announcer calls out into the crowd, "Time for the first dance, please make room for the royals."

Everyone transitions to the outskirts of the ballroom and I end up backed into a corner.

The royal kings take their wives onto the dance floor for the dance. Each prince picks a partner, Archie with Lola and Edward with Charlotte.
I can hardly see over the heads of the tall guests in front of me and I can't see anyone I know.

A commotion has me trying to look over the crowd to see what's happening but everyone's moving about so fast.

Suddenly, the people in front of me suddenly disperse and a familiar smiling brunette comes towards me. I come face to face with Prince Thomas as the crowds make room for him to pass.
"My Lady, could I have this dance?" The prince shoots me a smirk and bows before me, extending his hand.

I nod, stepping forward, placing my hand in his and allow him to lead me through the crowd to the dance floor.
The music starts and Thomas puts one of his hands on my waist gently and looks at me with the a charming smile.

"And why was I chosen for this dance?" I ask with a smile and we start moving around to the music with the other couples.

"Because I haven't seen you at all tonight, and may I say you look beautiful. I can't spend my whole night with Daisy." He says in a whisper in my ear.

"Thank you, I wouldn't want to dance with anyone else." I say honestly and Thomas gave me a sweet smile, turning me around and around in the dance.

I loved how we connected as we danced and how natural it felt. Thomas was an incredible dancer, not that I would doubt his skills for just about anything, but he had surprised me with his talented footwork.

"Seriously I can't thank you enough Tom." I say as we move around the other couples on the dance floor.

"For what?" He asks. Like he didn't know how much he's done.

I move and put my head against his chest, "Everything Tom, letting me come here and bringing my family for Christmas. I'm so grateful." I say so only he can hear and I just sway, listening to the beating of his heart against his chest.

"I'm so lucky too, you know why Bells?" He asks playfully and I look up to see genuineness flickering within his eyes.

"No, why?" I ask and smile up at him, gazing into his green eyes that have me captured in his trance.

"Because I met you." He says and pulls me in even closer. He then leans down and meets my lips with his.

I didn't expect it, but it was sweet, and thankfully many people didn't notice since they were too busy dancing.

I was hoping Daisy didn't see, but that was the least of my concern when I saw the amount of cameras around the room, surely one would have caught us.

I blush after the kiss and Thomas just smiles contently. Oh I wish I could tell him I loved him, but I would be mortified if he didn't say it back.

We danced around and around, through many songs, sadly no more public kisses though.

But that was only the start of the fun until the wine came out.