Part 42

The morning of the winter festival was frantic with preparation. I had been down to the kitchens, checking my cake was finished and ready, telling the cook when to bring it out.
All the cooks were busy in the kitchens by the time I went down there at 6 in the morning.

I was still in my dressing gown once I was done and got back to my room, waiting for Riley who was finishing off the final touches on my dress. She kept saying it had to be a surprise and I couldn't peek until she was done.
But no way would I go in that bathroom, so she didn't have to worry about that.

Originally I had chosen one of Riley's designs for her to make me but she insisted on doing a new idea that she said was much better.

"Riley! You need to do my makeup and hair. Unless you want me to start  it myself." I call out, knowing my maid won't put up with that.

Riley's reply was instant, "No! Once you have the dress I can do your makeup to match and your hair needs to be perfect." She called from behind the closed door of the bathroom.

I sigh and look to the violin that rests on my bed thats made neatly with throw pillows.
I move and pick up my instrument, plucking at a few of the strings and testing the notes, they were perfect.

Finally Riley emerged from the bathroom with the dress zipped up tight in a black bag she had on a hanger.
"No peeking, I'll put it on your once your makeups done." My maid says looking at me seriously.
I nod in understanding and she moves to hang up the dress on the coat rack.

She hurriedly sits me down and starts doing my eyes makeup, since I already did my general face.
Riley's got her concentration face on and I see strands of her black hair falling over her face every few minutes.

My maid has stunning tan skin, and is very young compared to half of the maids in this palace, so she has the potential to be truely gorgeous.

Riley applies a variety of things to my eyes, all different shades of grey blue colours and glitters. She does a careful job of my mascara and fills in my eyebrows delicately. I love it.

My maid also fills in my lips and paints my nails to match with the colour scheme

My maid also fills in my lips and paints my nails to match with the colour scheme. Gently curling my hair and adding a few hints of grey blue jewellery, Riley finishes my hair and makeup look.

Reaching into a bag she pulls out a pair of heels that are all glitter and all heel.
"Riley those are stunning." I say and look at her pleadingly to show me the dress.

"Close your eyes and get ready because I'm putting the dress on you, then you can see it."

I reluctantly close my eyes and listen impatiently as Riley unzips the bag and brings the dress over to me.
She instructs me to take off my clothes and step into the dress, so I do, feeling the material soft against my skin.

Riley pulls it up my body and zips it up my back tauntingly slowly.

"Open in three, two, one."