Part 1

After walking around for a while, you and Kuroo finally found Kenma talking to what seemed like a hyperactive orange haired boy. He picked up his pace, hoping the boy wasn't trouble, as you trotted behind him, trying to keep up. 

"Where'd you run off to? We're in the middle of nowhere." Kuroo complained, glaring at the stranger by Kenma, "You need to be more careful in unfamiliar areas." You silently stood and watched. You could tell Kuroo wanted to almost interrogate the boy on who he was, where he lived, why he was here. You noticed right away what was on his shirt, and saw Kuroo's eyes follow the text, reading it. He relaxed a little bit, but still stood strongly, just in case. 

Kenma stood up slowly and handed Kuroo his bag. Before walking off, Kenma turned to face the boy who was surprisingly shorter than him. "See you soon," he said with a wave, leaving the boy with his head tilted in confusion. 

"His shirt said Karasuno, huh? Isn't that who we're playing against in the practice match tomorrow?" Kuroo asked and looked your way. You nodded while walking forward.

He then turned his attention to Kenma, "Was he bothering you? Don't forget to call me when confrontation happens. If (Y/N)-san and I didn't leave our phones back in the rooms we wouldn't have left you for so long. I'm sorry. It won't happen again."
Kenma shook his head, hand up, indicating there was nothing to be worried about. "You stress a lot.. I'm okay, thirsty, though," he said quietly.
You grabbed his water bottle from your bag and handed it to him. He took it and held it as you guided them back to where we were staying for the night. The Nekoma team was having a little training camp, along with a bunch of practice matches. Tomorrow, you guys were finally able to meet the Karasuno team Coach Nekomata has been so excited about. 

This behavior towards Kenma is normal for the three of us, ever since we were kids. You think back, and remember how you used to watch Kenma and Kuroo play volleyball in the park. You never had many friends, and truthfully didn't really want them, until Kuroo approached you. He talked about how you looked lonely, and that he and Kenma used to be lonely too. Kuroo had gotten more out of his shell and suggested you join them as friends. You didn't want to at first, but after some pestering, you agreed. Kenma seemed a lot like you, and we all had common interests. You and Kenma share the same introverted ways, while you and Kuroo shared the same "protect the ones we love" ways. We all lived in the same neighborhood and started hanging out often. Kuroo also jokes about you and Kenma being his "adopted children." 

Going down memory lane, you remember when Kuroo convinced Kenma to join the volleyball club with him. He did it "just because", but he had some negative times his first year, and almost quit. That was a difficult time for everyone. Nowadays, it's back to normal; he seems to neither enjoy nor dislike the sport. 

You thought about the relationship between you three. While we are quite close, and protective of Kenma, it was reciprocated between the three of you. Kenma's parents are often gone because of business trips, and since we two are his only friends, his mom relies heavily on us to keep him company while he is alone. Kuroo, being the tallest and strongest, sort of plays as his bodyguard, intimidating anyone who seems to cause trouble for us, and distracting anyone who tries talking to him unless stated otherwise (Kenma's request). While Kuroo is busy keeping the outsiders away, you're busy making sure Kenma has everything he needs, and caring from the inside. You carry most of his things except for his cell phone and PSP, which to be fair, are always in his hand anyway. You often make his lunches and dinners, and make sure he sleeps right. Kuroo and Kenma are always by your side, if not one then the other, to keep you out of trouble as well. Kenma hardly has to stand up for me, but when he does, it's always kinda scary. With Kuroo, it's normal, but quiet Kenma? You laugh to yourself. 

"What are you laughing at?" Kuroo asks, poking your head with his elbow. You jumped, realizing how lost in thought you were.
You looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "I'm just happy to be with you guys..."
Kuroo rustled your hair and put his arm around you, "bet you're glad you can come to training camps now, huh? It must've been lonely when we would leave for a week at a time." You nodded.

This starting second year, Kuroo and Coach Nekomata convinced you to be the teams manager. They both agreed that since you're always at practice, games, and making sure the two boys are eating and resting right, it might be good for you to "get out of your shell" and do it for all the team members. You would also have the responsibility of gathering intel on other teams and players. In the end, you just shrugged and accepted, even though you didn't particularly want to. If Kenma could do it, so could you. You already knew the second years and some of the third years. Meeting new people, like the first years, was a little overwhelming, but they seem to not bother you very much. 

That night, you made sure to have everything prepared for the practice match the following day. The right amount of water bottles, the teams uniform washed, dried, and folded. You sat in the bath with your eyes closed, relaxing. You were never one to feel inspired about things, but you couldn't lie to yourself; traveling and helping the team brought you joy. While the first years were intimidating by everyone older than them because of the stupid team hierarchy and formality worries, the second years loved you. Because of Kenma's trouble with the third years during his first year, Kuroo does his best to make the underclassmen feel comfortable. While they're still timid, it isn't an overnight process, and everyone seems very happy regardless. You were thankful to be in such a good environment, courtesy of your best friends.