The fair

"I don't get why you would put beans on toast. It sounds ridiculous, not to mention gross." Alec looked disgusted, when an older lady bit into her toast.

They were having breakfast in a nearby cafe, which also served all kinds of British breakfast. Magnus chuckled a little at the expression on Alec's face when he replied "I like beans." Alec looked at him and then said, incredulous "But not on toast." Magnus gave a scoff "Are you asking or telling me?"

Alec gazed back at the lady, who seemed to enjoy her meal very much so. He shook his head and then dove into his Eggs Benedict. They had all sorts of other dishes on the table as well, because Alec had announced that 'he was starving'. Magnus bit his bacon as he looked outside the window. It was promising to be a very beautiful day and going to the fair seemed like an excellent idea. Alec's voice caught his attention. He had stopped with his fork in mid-air, looking at Magnus. "So?" he asked.

Magnus shook his head and said "Sorry, what did you say?". Alec rolled his eyes but smiled nonetheless "Am I boring you? You're lucky your so cute, otherwise I would have bailed already." Magnus smacked his hand on the table but said with a smirk "Alexander, you are never boring me. You are one of the most exciting things I have ever done." Alec looked at him with wide eyes and then burst into laughter. Magnus cocked his head and asked "What did I say, that was so funny?" 

Alec caught his breath and said "You said 'things you have done'. Thanks for referring to me like I'm and inanimate object." Magnus scoffed and said "No, I literally meant things I've done. I mean, I've done you multiple times, never gets boring."

Alec coughed into his water glass that he had just raised to his lips. Magnus grinned at this like he had won some kind of battle. Alec rolled his eyes and then replied "No but seriously. I was asking that maybe you would like to have a small get-together tonight? Like, we could invite Izzy, Jace, even Clary...your friends, if you want." Magnus smiled at him.

Alec's eyes beckoned to him like beacons, and he was lost at sea. Thanks to their light, he found his way back to shore. He put his hand into Alec's on top of the table and caressed his knuckles when he spoke "I would love that. But maybe we can do it at my place? Mine's a bit more spacious." Alec nodded happily "No complaints there. Yours is more comfortable anyways, I like it there." He smiled at Magnus and went back to his breakfast.

Magnus raised his fork to eat the pancakes covered in maple syrup and moaned happily, when the food touched his tongue. Alec shot him a look and said "I wish I could make you do those kind of noises in the bedroom, but I guess I'll just have to serve you pancakes next time." Magnus laughed and the sound ringed around the cafe "Oh, darling, you make me do all kinds of noises in the bedroom, all much more louder than this one." Alec almost blushed, even he was the one that started this conversation with a sexual innuendo.

After they had finished, Magnus paid, Alec announcing that he will pay at the fair, and they were off. Outside, they walked towards the pier hand to hand, where the fair was taking place. Once they got there, Alec suggested they try out some of the games. Naturally, he was torn to the archery corner. Hit the target, get a prize. Magnus watched with awe as his muscled, tall and beautiful boyfriend took off his jacket for better movement, making his abs shine through the thin fabric of his shirt. When Alec took his stance and drew the arrow back, Magnus almost drooled over him.

With a thud, the arrow hit the centre, and the small crowd waiting in line, and the parents watching over children cheered, all amazed. But the most amazed was Magnus, who was approached by Alec, with a stuffed kitten in his hands. He handed it to Magnus, saying "Here, this looks kind of like Chairman." Magnus took the stuffed toy, kissed Alec's cheek and then asked "How in the hell did you get so good at archery? Any other hidden, hot talents I should know about?" Alec shrugged and said "Our dad taught as all something when we grew up. Isabelle's good at hand-to-hand combat. Jace is great at hunting and other gun shooting activities. I was taught archery." He eyes Magnus and then asked with a smirk "You thought that was hot?"