Chapter Fifteen: Plots and Boxes

Team 9 were masters of disguise.

Beneath their portable concealment, they followed behind the ex-Sound Ninja, led by Anko. Together they walked across the rolling plains toward a nearby mountain. As they did, Tenten looked up. "So why are we watching these guys, Guy-sensei?"

"The Sound Ninja are undergoing a secret test of character," said Guy. "We're here in case their youthful spirit fails them. And also to provide extra security."

"I find this to be a highly irregular, Guy-sensei," said Neji. "Why can we not simply stand among them."

"I agree," said Lee. "This does not seem youthful to me."

"Quiet Lee," said Guy. "The choices a ninja makes when no one is around are those that define them. We will wait and observe and hope the power of youth survives.

"They must remain unaware of our presence for now. "But if they make a right choice, we'll shake their hands in youthful congratulations."

Kin was somewhat bemused. She looked to Anko to explain things. "Anko-sensei, why is Team 9 following us with a cardboard box over them?"

"Guy's kind of eccentric," said Anko, hands in her pockets. "Just ignore them, and they'll go away."

Dosu halted. He fell to his stomach and listened at the ground keenly. His one good eye narrowed. Zaku moved over to him. "What is it, Dosu?" "There is a large caravan approaching us," said Dosu, pulling himself up. "There are multiple carriages and dozens of attendants."

"That'll be our Prince," said Anko. "Come on, try to look at least a little less threatening than you usually do. Let's make things a surprise."

"I'm not threatening," said Kin.

"Tell that to the squirrel you cut to pieces," said Anko.

"Alright, but I'm not threatening to people unless I want to be." amended Kin.

"Fine, then put on your not threatening face and let's go," said Anko.

As they walked on, the caravan came into sight. It was very long, and every carriage on it was packed tightly full of luggage. White horses drew each carriage. Zaku stared in disgust. "Look at all that stuff. How much of it do you think they actually need?"

"They're rich, so, none of it," said Dosu.

"What do you think it all is?" asked Kin, louder than the others as the carriages pulled up.

"My shopping." said a jolly voice. An immensely fat man stepped out of the carriage, clad in fine blue. "I saw so many wonderful things in all the lands we visited. I kept buying and buying, and before long, I ended up with all this.

"I am the Prince of the Land of the Moon. I'm Michiru. And you, I take it..."

"We're from the Leaf Village," said Anko, spinning a kunai on one hand. "I'm Anko. Don't mind these ones', they are a bit bad-tempered, but they know a thing or two.

"This is Dosu." She motioned to Dosu.

Dosu said nothing.

"Zaku," said Anko.

Zaku said nothing and glared.

"And Kin." finished Anko.

Kin smiled and widened her eyes. "Greetings to you. You are every bit as impressive as the stories say you are." Which was to say, not in the slightest. Or it would be if she'd heard any stories.