Secret.

Rest of the night went by.
I had hard time to focus on anything cause Luka's words kept flashing through my head.

Jack seemed bothered and distant as well.
We were sitting on the couch, both of us pretending to watch some shitty show, but we both knew neither of us were really interested.

I took all the courage i had left in me and finally opened my mouth but only a whisper left my mouth.

"Jack.. What Luka was talking about?"

Jack clenched his jaw, he never moved a muscle as he kept his focus on tv screen.

"Dont worry about it Lilia"

"No Jack. I have a right to know. Luka mentioned my mom and im seriously worried. Is she in trouble or what"

Jack glupped and ruffled his dark black hair. He closed his eyes and growled.

"He wants me to kill her"

---

I had been staring at him for 15 minutes now without saying a word.
I only heard Jack's mumbles but i couldnt figure out what he was saying.
Everything around me got blurry and every sound around me disappeared.

K-kill her?
What the fuck mom have ever done to deserve being killed.

Jack grabbed my shoulders to make me look directly at him.
I flinched and shook his hands off of me.

"Lilia listen me"

My breathing started to get wilder. Im not sure was i about to get a panic attack.

"Im not going to do that. Luka wants her dead so i could take her place and make everything easier for us. But i refused. I wont hurt your mother Lilia. I could never hurt her after meeting you."

I tried to keep breathing slowly, i dont want to pass out now.
I was terrified.

"Jack"

A whine left my mouth while my little body started shaking.
I was so scared. Not of Jack, but Luka.
That man was bad news, i knew it from the very beginning.

Jack scooped me in his arms to comfort me. He slide his fingers through my silver hair before kissing my head whispering.

"I wont let anyone hurt you or your mother Lilia."

I tried to calm down and in the end i found myself falling asleep on Jack's arms.

---

The next morning i didnt feel any better.
The bad feeling kept dancing inside of me making me feel anxious and terrified.

Jack tried to make me eat something but i felt sick to my stomach.
As he was driving me at school he kept holding my hand without saying a word.

How in the hell i have got here.
I thought i found a perfect man with who im going to build my future with, but everything seems to be against us.
Drama is following us everything, fear is following me everywhere.
Of course i have already gone through hell all alone.
Shane made me go through so much bullshit, this time i felt protected but was it enough?
Jack told me Luka gave the order to kill my mom before we even met, but he got even more excited once he found out Jack was spending his time with me. The daughter of his victim.