25 - Cold Pancakes

I drew that up there^ :)

Aye it's my bday tmr :)))

GUYS I ACTUALLY CAN'T BELIEVE IT. THIS STORY HIT 100K. I really didn't think when I started this little project it would get so huge but I'm so eternally grateful for the support it's gotten. I can't thank you all enough!

TW: panic, uh, shadow demon thingies, verbal and physical abuse, blood

I strongly encourage you to read the summary at the end if you are sensitive

       Patton slowly brought the fork up to his mouth and ate the meal he'd prepared. He chewed slowly; he didn't particularly care for the taste of cold, forgotten pancakes.

      It had been about 4 or 5 hours since breakfast, and Patton had spent that time watching old reruns of Steven Universe. The other three sides had seemingly disappeared from the Mindscape, much to Patton's displeasure. He wanted to hang out with them, but he didn't know where they were at!

     "Hello Patton," a voice spoke from behind him, causing the moral side to jump in surprise. He turned around to find Logan staring back at him, a curious look behind his glasses.

     "Oh my- hiya Logan! Since when did you learn to do that?" Patton asked, smiling brightly at the appearance of his friend.

     Logan paused. "Do what now?"

     "Uh- appear? Kinda like how Virgil does. You usually sink up so I was just curious."

     "Yes of course," Logan nodded, his posture straightening (gaying). "My bad. I learned it from Virgil. It's quite useful."

     "And a little surprising," Patton joked, rubbing his neck. His smile shifted slightly into that of a nervous one for a moment, before he forced it back.

      "Okay," Logan said, at that was the end of that.

     Suddenly, an excessive amount of singing could be heard from the stairs, and Patton and Logan looked up just in time to see Roman dancing down the steps and singing Disney loudly.

     Everything about that seemed normal, except well...

     "Roman, why are you singing 'It's Gonna Be Great'? I thought that was like one of your least favorite songs?"

     Roman's singing died off, and he turned to stare at Patton with an annoyed expression. "Because, dear Patton, I am the greatest and most vivacious side, and therefore even though it is the song that gives me the most trouble, I can rock singing it. I know you're not the brain or anything but I thought you could've at least figured that out by now," he spat at the end, looking off to the side in a dramatic manner.

      Patton felt a pang of hurt in his heart; he didn't like how vulgar Roman was being today, especially to him. Patton had always struggled with expressing his more negative emotions, but he'd been better as of late. Still though, he couldn't help but know he'd just be shot down by one of Roman's snarky comments if he tried to express how he felt. Every time the prince had talked today, he had made Patton feel either embarrassed or idiotic.

      Patton knew he wasn't less than Roman. But today, the prince had sure made him feel as if he was.

     "Right," Patton spoke, his voice brittle. "I'm sorry."

      It was silent for a moment after that, only the sound of tense breathing filling the air, before they were interrupted by the deafening creak of one of the stair steps. The three sides turned to the side of them; their eyes found Virgil's, who's widened at finding out he'd been caught while trying to be as silent as possible. He froze mid-step, his mouth opening and closing repeatedly as if he was trying to figure out the perfect excuse but just couldn't grasp the right words.