17 - The Comment Section Will Kill Me After This

ARGH WATTPAD DELETED MY ORIGINAL DRAFT IM GONNA SKREE SO LOUD
GREAT NOW THIS CHAPTER IS GONNA BE LATE
Ugh
Well anyway
¡Feliz Halloween y El Día de los Muertos!
Deceit-Patton is going to be referred to as just Deceit. Confusing right? Let's continue

"¡Padre!" Creativity called from downstairs, catching the snake's attention from the closet in Morality's room. "Are you coming down? It's getting good!"

Deceit paused for a moment, before clearing his throat. "Be right there!" He called, but it was unmistakably the voice of the moral side. He walked towards the door glancing at the room around him one last time before exiting.

Despite what he'd told the creative side, Deceit took his time as he ambled along the hallway that held each Light Sides' rooms. He paused at Anxiety's, placing his hand on the carved wood that read 'Virgil's Room'. The snake felt slight anger at the name, but calmed himself down; he needed to play the part of Patton flawlessly, and the moral side typically wasn't angry.

      The stairs creaked eerily under every step Deceit took, as if even the house knew something was wrong. The snake ignored this though, making it to the bottom, where Anxiety would stand for videos. He knew this of course, because while he wasn't physically present, each side always had some sort of influence in Thomas, despite how small.

      "Patton! You've returned! Joyous! You're just in time for the mountain fight scene," Creativity said eagerly, bouncing up and down and he held out the remote and clicked play. Deceit turned his attention towards the tv, before plastering on a convincing smile.

      "Yay! This is my favorite part!" Deceit exclaimed, plopping down on the couch in between Logic and Anxiety. True to what Remus had told him, the anxious side was indeed younger; Maybe a little older than the other side had described, but nonetheless smaller.

       "Didn't you say your favorite part was when Mulan ran away to join the war to save her father?" Logic asked, raising an eyebrow, monotonous.

       Deceit thought fast, coming up with an excuse that would fit the moral side. "Golly! Every part's my favorite!"

      Logic rolled his eyes a little, silently taking note of Deceit's high enthusiasm. It's probably just due to Thomas's spike of happy emotions he had to deal with just now, he thought to himself. He was the one always trying to find the logical part of a situation, after all.

        Without warning, Anxiety leaned against Deceit, causing the snake's eyes to go wide; he quickly stifled his shock though, cautiously placing his arm around the small side he used to call a friend (to him, at least).

      Deceit was suddenly aware of his breathing, his movements slow and cautious. Affection wasn't a normal thing for Dark Sides; in fact, if you got anywhere close enough for one to consider it affection, you were probably being double-crossed or stolen from.

      Still; this was...this was surprisingly nice. Deceit considered for a foolish moment that maybe he could...he could just stay a little while?

     Idiot, he chastised himself. He could never do that- he was Deceit, he wasn't lovey-dovey like his opposite, Morality. He had to be mean and nasty and everything that fit the dark side persona.

      He supposed though, for now, he would have to act like Morality, so why not...?

     The four of them sat there, through the end of the movie, then onto another. Creativity let Anxiety pick this time, both for formality, and the fact that had Logic had the choice the four of them would've been watching a nature documentary on owls. Anxiety went with Scream, which Deceit was silently thankful for (though on the outside, he acted terrified).

      After another hour had passed, Deceit's careful eyes landed on the clock to the left of him on the wall. Morality's glasses ironically made his vision more blurry, so he had to squint to see the small hands on it.

      11:56 a.m.- Just enough time for Deceit to execute his plan.

     "An- Virgil!!" He yelled suddenly, starling the other three sides so bad that Creativity accidentally threw the bowl of popcorn in the air. The prince immediately went into action, trying to save every piece he could, and luckily his efforts were not in vain. Anxiety scooted away from Deceit, not from fright, but because his fight-or-flight senses were kicking in.

       "Patton," Logic said, after regaining his composure and picking a few pieces of popcorn out of his hair. "You have our attention."

     "Ohhh! Sorry! Hehe! I just remembered something I left in my room for Virgil!"

     Deceit saw Anxiety relax, and a sort of hope and gratefulness filled his eyes. 

     "We'll then go grab it padre! I don't want to miss this part..." Creativity mumbled towards the end, stuffing his face with his saved popcorn. He raised his hand, shooing Deceit in an almost-playful manner. Logic didn't say anything, but instead settled on grabbing a single piece of popcorn and popping it in his mouth.

       "You won't be gone awhile right? Last time you were missing for about 14 minutes..." Anxiety mentioned worriedly, fumbling with the sleeves of his oversized hoodie. True to his act, Deceit gave the most real laugh he could, and ruffled his young friend's hair, to which Anxiety grinned at.

      "Why don't you just come with me, kid? It'll be so much fun!" Deceit exclaimed. He bounced up and down in fake excitement. Letting the other person think they have a choice, a classic persuasion method of his. It seemed to work like a charm, too, as Anxiety quickly nodded and grabbed onto Deceit's hand. 

       "Patton, please do hurry. I refuse to be left alone with...actually, no, sorry. I'm trying to be kinder. To be left alone with Roman," Logic spoke out, staring directly at Deceit, who only nodded in response. Weird.

        Creativity shrugged. "It's better than what I would've got with your original phrase." He held out a fist for Logic to bump. The side obviously didn't understand though, flashing Creativity a look of confusion before putting his hand over the other's and trying to shake it professionally. 

       "Um...you know what? We'll work on that..."

       Ignoring those two, Deceit's eyes nervously glanced at the clock in Thomas's living room. Good. He still had time.

       "Alright! Virgil and I will be right back!"

        What? He was Deceit after all, so what was a little lie going to hurt?

I left my phone at school like a dum dum so i tried to write the rest of this chapter on another device lol, but its odd lol

Things gonna get good next chap >:3

Word Count: 1083