9 - We Made Cookies!

I draw sanders Sides stuff on my Instagram! @miniondraws ! (I drew the art above :))
So sorry I was gone so long! School just started and I feel weighed down by responsibilities already :(

TW: mentions of neglect, mentions of anxiety attacks

Both Roman and Logan walked solemnly down the stairs, a silence reigning through them after what they'd seen. They both felt an ache in their chests, and pained for their young friend.

Speaking of Virgil.

"Romaaannnn!" Virgil yelled happily, running over to the fanciful trait and wrapping his arms around his leg in a warm hug. Roman almost jumped in surprise; he was being hugged by Virgil.

Today didn't even feel real anymore.

"Logaaaann!!" Virgil called again, giving the logical side a hug as well. Logan just awkwardly patted Virgil's small head, making the kid laugh.

All three sides turned the heads towards the kitchen as they heard Patton laugh. "I taught him your names," he explained, taking off the oven mitts he had on.

"We made cookies! The jar was out, and I was really sad, but Dad said we could make more! So we did! They're chocolate chip!" Virgil spurted out, surprising both Roman and Logan with how excited he seemed. Virgil didn't seem to notice though, as he grabbed both their hands and led them into the kitchen.

Patton laughed again, starting to clean dishes in the sink while Virgil showed them the tray of cookies (he had to have Logan lift him up).

"Sorry guys, I forgot how unfiltered kids can be."

Roman laughed boisterously, grabbing Virgil under his arms and swinging the small boy on his shoulders, all the while Virgil squeaked in surprise and happiness. "He's just a little extra-passionate! There is nothing more exciting!"

Virgil absentmindedly wrapped his arms around Roman's face in nervousness. "S-So...high..up..."

Logan grabbed Virgil off of Roman's shoulders, sending a small glare towards the prince. "He's a child, Roman, be more careful." The logical side scolded.

Roman stuck his tongue out at Logan, before Virgil saw and did the same.

Logan couldn't help but crack a small smile.

"Dad!" (Patton internally screamed with joy) Virgil suddenly yelled, causing Roman to whip out his sword in case of danger. "Are they cool yet?"

Patton moved over to the cookie tray, feeling the top of one of them. He held his hand there a moment, before taking the cookie and braking it in half to see if any heat released from inside.

Nodding Patton said, "Yup! I think they're ready, Virgie."

"Yay! Roman! Logan! Come here!"

"Oh no thank you, I'm trying not to--"

Logan immediately shut up at Virgil's puppy eyes.

He and Roman both ate a cookie, Logan whispering something about witchcraft while he finished his. Virgil glanced up at them hopefully, but something stopped him, as he quickly turned away and turned to eat a cookie of his own.

"Virge, these are the best cookies I've ever had! Fabulous job," Roman praised flamboyantly when he saw the little storm cloud look away from them. Virgil's shoulders went rigid, as he slowly looked over his shoulder at the three larger figures.