10 - Roman Babysits (Yup, this is it chiefs)

I love how distraught everyone was in the comment section about the Crofter's Toast from Ch 2😂 made my day

I love this fandom- y'all are so supportive😭🙏🙏

Also I'm so very sorry for not updating quicker! School just started and I've gotten busy recently...the story will continue as usual though!

       "Greetings yet again, Virgil!" Roman cheered, rushing towards the small boy in the living room. Virgil tensed for a second, before recognizing the fanciful side.

      Roman's happy mood seemed to falter for a second, noticing Virgil clear suspicion of him. He didn't think he was...? No, surely not!

       He wasn't his brother.

"Hi...Roman," Virgil said quietly, clutching Patton's hand with both of his own. He unintentionally hid halfway behind Patton's leg, earning a chuckle from the dad of the group as he pulled him out in front of him.

      "Hey buddy, whaddya say about hanging out with me for a bit?" Roman suggested, trying to go for a softer approach with his more fragile friend. He didn't miss the opportunity to do jazz hands, though, which Virgil cracked a small smile at.

      "Uh...sure! As long as Dad can come," Virgil decided, making his way towards Roman while pulling Patton's hand to lead him too. Patton gave the fanciful and logical side a strange look, sensing something was going on, before Logan gave an expression that said 'I'll tell you later'.

"Hey, uh, Virgie, your Dad actually needs to go talk with, uh, Logan."

Virgil stopped walking, Patton narrowly missing accidentally bumping into him.

       "Wh-What...?" He spoke softly, the three other sides sensing the panic rising in his tone. He began to back up, his small hands grasping at Patton's as he tried to hide yet again.

      "Hey, hey!"

       "It's okay, Virgil!"

       "Calm down."

       Patton and Roman turned towards Logan, a 'really-dude?' look on their faces. The logical side stayed quiet, and stared at them, emotionless as ever.

       "Virgie, honey," Patton cooed, turning the now-shaking boy towards him. Brushing the lone tear off of Virgil's small face, the moral side smiled sympathetically. "It's okay, sweetie. Your ol' dad here just needs go to talk with Logan for a bit! You can be strong for me while I'm gone, right?"

       Virgil sniffed, his bottom lip trembling dangerously.

       "B-But if-if you're...you're gone th-then...then who's go-gonna s-stop D-D-Deceit..?"

       Patton went pale.

      Logan's eyes went wide.

       Roman clenched his fists.

     "D...Deceit?" Patton spoke, a horrified look overtaking his features. Acting fast, Logan hurried kneeled down next to Patton and Virgil, putting a hand on the morals arm for comfort (what! It showed that human contact was affective at coping mechanisms!...He didn't like Patton, or anything!). "No need to panic, you two. Deceit won't come anywhere near this place. And anyway Virgil, Roman is, no offense intended Patton, much more physically built than your um...'Dad,' so you'll be completely safe while we talk."

       Virgil looked down at the floor, his fingers interlacing with each other. Patton breathed deeply a few times, before looking at his son. Roman tilted his head, waiting from an answer from the little guy.