【Chapter 8.4】

Bắt đầu từ đầu

He and I both know it would have been a 25-minute drive to the hospital. He made it in ten. I let that thought roll around in my head before I glance back up to him.

"I arrived and found your parents pacing the waiting room. It was eighteen hours later when a doctor came back out. He was shell shocked as he delivered the news. You had died on the table. But they had brought you back to life."

He sighed out.

Eighteen hours.

Died on the table.

Brought you back to life.

It's like he's delivering this bad news to me and about me and I'm not sure how to handle it. And I'm sure I've yet to hear the rest of it.

"Why Blue, Z?" I ask around the gravel in my throat. It hurts but I need to know why. I woke up in the hospital and all the doctors and nurses were so happy to see me. Like they had been rooting for me all along.

I was one of the youngest patients in that night. And they all called me Blue. They called me Blue with pride in their eyes. It was a nickname I didn't even know was mine until they expected me to answer to it.

Z just stares at me. He watches as a tear falls down my check creating one lone track.

How symbolic.

"I asked my parents and they said one of my music teachers came to visit me and check in on their favorite student. I didn't correct them that I didn't have any music teachers in middle school at that time. That left you. They said Z wanted to come to say hi to you. They told me that you had called me Blue. That you told them to tell me and I quote "Tell Blue I hope she's gets what she needs. And to never give up." Why?" I question as I bring my shaking hands to rest on the piano.

"Because when you died your heart had stopped. It had stopped and it didn't pump oxygen into you for several minutes. And then they restarted it again. You came back. You were Blue because you lost so much oxygen. You were a damn near miracle walking back from death's door like the external force you so usually denied you were back then. Blue. You were a fucking miracle." He finishes as he looks at me softly.

I cry for so long I lose track of time. I release everything that I somehow didn't realize I was holding. I rest my cheek against the piano as my hands stretch to grip the top of the bench behind me.

I don't know how long I cry but I try and sit up trying to catch my breath slowly steadying my body. Wiping my tears, I sigh.

I died.

I turned Blue.

I was brought back.

I lived.

I had a miracle.

Fuck.

I look up and meet Z's eyes. Steady and as calm as ever he nods his head once and gives me a small smile.

"I don't know exactly what happened Blue, and I'm not going to ask, but I know you didn't do it. I know that." Z whispers so softly. His eyes are so damn sad. So sad.

My head falls down and my shoulders sag. I close my eyes as my head nods gently once.

Tears. They keep falling.

"I'm glad you're here Blue. I've missed you." He replies gently as he leans against the piano. I play a note and then another watching across the piano at my mentor, my friend.

"You too Z." I send him a small smile.

"Now why don't you tell me how Noah and the band are doing." He smirks as he quirks a brow at me. I laugh out loud.