Chapter 4- Pretty Woman

Start from the beginning

"You're here to pick-up a bag?"  Zayn asked, outraged, not entirely believing what he was hearing.

"Deal with."  Sammy waves a hand dismissively.  "You don't have a choice.  Besides, it ain't just any bag.  It's the Black Business Affinity backpack by Chanel.  It's easier for my Princess Coco to travel in when we go out."  A displeased expression passes over his face. "I already regret leaving her back in the states with Camelia."  Sammy waved it off.  "Anyway, don't worry pretty boy, I won't be stealing your spotlight for long.  I'm gonna be here for a week tops.  Like I told your  sister once.  There's no room for two queens in this country."

The sound of a door clicking open garnered their attention and they both turn at the same time. 

"Got yourself a pussy cat lurking in the bedroom?"  Sammy asked in anticipation, craning his neck to take a look down the hallway. 

It was Hope. 

Damn it, Zayn thought. 

Hope emerges from Jasmine's bedroom dressed in sweats and a long sleeve shirt.  Another borrowed option from his sisters left behind wardrobe.  In the small time since their meeting, he found Hope was simple.  She didn't care for glamorous clothing and based her choices purely on comfort.  He tried to take her shopping countless times but she refused to leave the penthouse. 

The shirt and pants were far too big for her.  Although she was slightly shorter than Jasmine, Hope's overly thin figure didn't help.  The clothing hung on her body.

Slowly she inches closer, her hair in its usual nest-like appearance.  No matter how much time he spent with her, it pained Zayn just to look at her.  She was in dire need.  He could imagine she wasn't thrilled about her hair and was more self-conscious than she showed. 

Zayn catches her eye and sends her a reassuring smile.  She rewards him with a fragile smile of her own wrapping her arms around her middle.  Her gaze wavers and immediately latches onto Sammy. 

She gulped heavily and averted her eyes in embarrassment.  He sensed her discomfort.  Sammy was staring and not ashamed of showing it. 

His expression switched from curiosity to horror.

Zayn was sure Sammy would send her to the bedroom in tears.  That was the last thing she needed.  To be reminded of her appearance.

"What in God's name is that!?!"  Sammy exclaims, covering his mouth and nose with both hands.  "Oh Jesus."

Zayn adjusted his suit jacket in jerky movements and started the proper introductions not wanting to appear disagreeable to his guest,   "This is Hope.  Hope this is Sammy Princeton, a close personal friend of both my sisters." 

Sammy barely recovered from the sight of her.  His hands fell limply to his sides and he turned his wide-eyed stare onto Zayn in question. 

Zayn sends him a brief glare with silent warning before returning his attention to Hope. 

Sammy's horrified mood changed.

"Why you gotta introduce me like that, playboy?  We ain't homies?"  Sammy asks, having seemed to somewhat recover from his initial shock.

Zayn swallowed heavily, trying to keep his murderous stare contained. 

"Of course."  He responds, in a tight-lipped smile.  "We're just not as close as you are with Camelia and Jasmine."

"Trust me, boyfriend. I ain't the one keepin' my distance."  Sammy purred flirtatiously. 

Zayn's fist tightened.