●Sanable [End]

~Emerald~

sanable /●adj. able to be healed

I was so tired when I finally managed to bring all mine and Jordon's suitcases inside our old house.

"Home, sweet home." Jordon exclaimed dramatically as he ran inside and straight out the back door, into the backyard.

"Don't you dare touch that tree!" I called after him, knowing that he won't listen to me anyway.

I sighed and got to unpacking and reloading the closets and drawers. As tired as I was, it was still refreshing to be back home.

My life was back on track, I would go back to teaching at the same university, probably throw a few punches at Andrea and finally mend my personal life with Kaylen.

All feelings are sanable, if you give them time.

~Kaylen~

Two words.
Fucking hell.

My jaw hit the ground as I stood on the door of my house's living room. The bag I was gripping in my hand fell down with a thud and I tried to take the room in.

Jayden saw me while he was halfway through blowing into a balloon and on noticing my face, stopped and let the thing go. The poor balloon deflated into the air and joined its fellow hundred of the kin lying on the ground.

"Er..." My brother started as I crossed my arms, flaring my nose at a sign (made with more balloons) saying 'Welcome to the family!'

"Dad!" Jayden cried, still locking eyes with me and unable to come up with an explanation.

I heard my father's footsteps on the stairs behind me before he happily called out my name.

"Hi baby, you're home!" He said as I turned to him with the same face I was giving Jay.

"What's wrong?" He asked, giving me a hug.

"Care to explain what this is?" I said, waving my hand around the absurdity that was the living room at the moment.

"That's for the Blakes," my dad said smartly. I rolled my eyes.

"Why is the question, dad."

"Oh shut up, you. I wanted to welcome them back and into the family," he said as he pushed me inside and made me sit on the couch. Jayden continued with his operation, relieved that he had dad to back him up.

"They are not kindergarteners having a birthday party. Dad, this is embarrassing!" I sighed, dropping my face into my hands as he sat next to me.

"I don't want to hear it," he scolded before his face lit up. "Your father told me that you guys are back and coming home but I need details, baby boy."

His happy face made me smile.

I told him everything there was to tell, applying the under 16 filter to the details. Jayden wiggled his brows from the distance, hinting that he wanted those above 16 details some other time.

While I was almost finished with the story, another set of footsteps were heard coming from the hall and dad's face filled up with even more colour. I chuckled and inwardly awed at the romance that was still alive between my parents, hoping that it lasted forever.

"Pop!" Jayden called as papa came into view.

"Woah!" He remarked at the decoration as Jay tackled him in a hug. "Missed you, my favourite."