●Ecophobia

~Kaylen~

ecophobia /●n.  fear of home

Home. The place where you're safest and most comfortable.
Family. The people who make you forget your fears and insecurities.

But at the moment, I was totally freaked out about reaching home and facing my parents. They've always been supportive about everything but I was too afraid to know their opinion on me sleeping with my professor. The person I was most afraid of, naturally, was papa.

I knew dad was the soft one and papa took everything to the extremes. I just hoped I didn't mess things at home. I hoped I could stop being ecophobic and tell them all the truth.

~Emerald~

I leaned my head against the window, closing my eyes. 

There was nothing I could do. Nothing at all.

The only route open for me was moving towns. I was living my dream job, and after being fired from one of the best colleges because of such a reason, there would be no one who'd be willing to give me a job. A pedophile is what they would all call me.

Kaylen was no child. He was practically an adult and sometimes acted even more adult that I possibly did. But they didn't bother hearing any of it. Maybe they were right, Kaylen and I would only encourage such relationships in the university if I had happened to stay. Professional life shouldn't be tampered with by the personal one.

This was one of the worst mistakes I had made in my life.

I had never even doubted my sexuality before this. I was straight, always had been. And then he showed up and messed me up, inside out. How can someone hold so much power? He basically changed my life... for worse. If he wasn't there, everything would've gone normally. I would still be mourning over Andrea but I would at least be better than this.

I had decided I would move to my parent's house for a while. I needed their support and Jordon needed someone to look after him as I try to pull myself together--emotionally and professionally. But I was afraid of telling the truth to my parents. I didn't want them to judge me or hate me. They hadn't come off as homophobic as far as I could remember but I was too scared to find out what they would think about me sleeping with a student. I was so scared that I almost had ecophobia. But home was the only place I could think of going. I would just have to prepare myself for the repercussions. 

~~

Jordon was not happy about leaving his friends behind, but as I had known, he was happy about making more. 

He was about to host a grand farewell party for himself that night as I tried to set up an online advertisement to put my house on rent. 

The college authorities had held back my salary of the last two months so I was facing a loss and I knew it would take some time for me to get myself a decent job so the rent would help. I also had some savings to get us through the next couple of months, so I didn't change anything about Jordon's expenses. I had taken the responsibility of a good upbringing for my child and I would fulfill it till I die.

"Daddy! My friends are about to come in an hour! We haven't ordered pizza yet!" He shrieked from downstairs. 

"You know where the phone is, baby!" I shouted from my room as I designed my advert. 

My phone rang on my desk and I picked it up, my heart beating a little faster than it was a few seconds ago as I saw his name flashing on the screen. I had been avoiding his call since yesterday after he had left my house. I didn't want to hear his apologies. We were both equally at fault but he was the one who had kissed me in the corridor right after I had told him that what we were doing was risky. We had practically served the proof to the bitch on a silver platter. Unquestionably, I was mad at him.