In my peripheral vision, I saw a blond head sit at the chair in front of me as if wanting to start a conversation but I ignored him since he himself shouldn't be here in the first place.

After a lot of staring- Well, him staring at me- I finally looked at him. " What are you doing here, Alex?" I asked. Of course it was Alex. He always seem to know where to find me.

" Well, just like you I ne-" Someone cleared their throat and interrupted our little conversation. I looked beside me and saw the waitress from earlier holding a tray with my order in it, her eyes was swinging between me and Alex.

" You're together aren't you?" She said her eyes, glistening with hope. I opened my mouth to talk but no words came out. I was shocked, me and Alex treated each other like best friends but that's it. Nothing more.

She suddenly shook her head like she had come into her senses. " Here's your order, Miss," The waitress said, placing the tray on top of our table.

" Is there anything else, Sir?" She looked at Alex with a smile. " Oh, no,no. I'm good, I'm good." Alex raised his palms up. The waitress smiled one last time before going back to her work.

" That was weird." Alex said, slumping back to his seat. " Really weird." I agreed.

" So what are you doing here, huh?" I asked, taking a sip from my coffee. " I needed some air I guess."

" With all the tension around, we both really need air." I played with the fork in between my fingers before finally taking a taste, It really does taste good but nothing can beat the pasta from Italy.

" Try it." I told Alex. " Pasta?" Alex raised his brows.

" Yeah, I know.  Italy." I smiled. He scoffed playfully, taking a deep breath.  "What do you think will happen after this?" I asked as I watched him take a bite. " We'll figure out when everything's done." He answered, his mouth still full of food.

" It tastes really good." Alex muttered in realization.

" Dad said Hobbs is a pretty good cop." There was a tinge of nervousness in my voice. I know we've done this loads of time before but you never know when you'll go. It's something you can't predict.

Alex looked at me with his dark blue eyes that looked like ocean when the sun reflected it. His blue eyes gazing into my fake ones with the most concerned look I've ever seen.

" You don't have to worry about tomorrow." He placed his hand on top of my left hand which was on the table. " I'll be there right next to you, I'm not going to leave you whatever happens," he started to trace the writings on my leather bracelet. " I'm gonna protect you no matter what." He gently squeezed my hand.

He lowered his gaze, " You know, sometimes I thought you'll be the one to leave first." He let out a bittersweet laugh.

" I won't. I promise." It came out from my mouth involuntarily, and instantly I regretted it. How could I promise someone that I'll stay beside them with the life I'm living? Even though I want to do it, I want to stay beside him, even if I know I can't. I thought about how our life would be if we stick with each other. Always running, always moving out from places, always looking behind our backs. It just won't work if everyone's looking for us.

" So how did you know I was here?" I tried to change the topic. Alex shrugged, " I don't know. I just... I just thought you'd be here then you walked inside that door." He glanced at the old battered two door entrance of the coffee shop.

" I just headed somewhere I know you love, a coffee shop."

He knows me so well that sometimes I'm surprised when he manages to make me smile even in the most lowest part of my life, how he managed to protect me even when we were still kids and how he makes me laugh when I tend to cry.

In the end, he ended up eating the whole plate of Carbonara with a satisfied smile.

" I think I should go now, I still haven't gone around London that much." I started to collect my things. " You know, I don't have anything to do after this. Do you mind if I come with you?" Alex asked, standing up and paying the bills for me.

" Sure." I shrugged, I don't really mind a company. Me and Alex headed out together out of the café. Still, my nervousness never fading.

I wonder how our job would go to tomorrow. I hope that it would go well because I have a really bad feeling about this.

oo)O(oo

Vote and Comment!!

( edited )