Chapter 10: Vulnerable

~ Olive ~

" What the fudge was that?" I asked basically to no one. After Tej pushed us inside our room, Alex went to work on packing his clothes while I took a quick shower and put on a loose tanktop and a pair of black jeans and mid calf boots. I took my usual bracelets from the counter and put them on my left wrist to hide a dark secret of my past and walked out of the bathrooom only to see Alex was almost done on packing his things. In the end, Alex and I ended up having one duffel bag each and the black bag that somehow managed to survive when our car crashed which carries all my essentials.

We heard a knock from the door and Roman peeked through and looked strangely at the two of us. " Uh, we'll be leaving in 40 minutes. You can bring down your bags if you're already done." He said and closed the door, not even waiting for an answer. " You know I could make a few calls to make sure Xavier's men aren't there when we go down." I said as I zipped the last of our bags. he sat on the bed. " We've been gone there for a long time, the friends we had," he looked at me. " We don't know who has their loyalty now." He's got a point. We've been gone there for almost three years now, but they're friends could their loyalty be bought? " It's worth the risk."

" No. What if they still don't know? What if your dad hasn't called them? If we did ask help and that guy is an informant, we'd be dead before we even land in Spain."

" So we'll just stick with them and hope that Xavier dosen't show up?" I asked looking at him with a frown. " We need to be ready. When he became aware that we set foot on his territory I'm sure there would be bounties set for us."

It was a long moment of silence. I could feel that we're both thinking the same thing. bounty hunters. I know that we both know how bad Xavier's bounties could turn out. I know few people who died just because of him and his stupid traps, and Xavier showing up in the middle of a job would be the last thing we need.

" Come on-" Alex said standing from his seat. " Don't want to keep them waiting, do we?" He smiled and grab our duffle bags from the bed which left me only with the black bag to carry. " Hey, I could carry mine just fine." I complained as I grabb my jacket. " No, I got this. But could you open the door?" He nodded at the direction of the door. I laughed and look at him still with a huge smile. " What?" He scoffed and raised his brow. " Nothing." I smiled and opened the door for him. Alex would always still be Alex, he never changes.

//~~~~//~~~~//~~~~//

~ Dom ~

" I just got word, they caught one of Shaw's men at the base. It's time" Tej informed us. " Something's not right" Brian said walking to the middle. " He wanted us to find that guy. Think about it, Interpol work face to face with him." He said as Han, Gisele and Alex walked towards us but Olive remained sitted on the hood of her car, looking intently at Brian. " Brian, so what are you saying?" Roman asked, leaning on the white Mustang beside Gisele. " Braga said the only way you get near Shaw, is if he wants you to."

" Tej, where's that component?" I asked looking at Tej who is currently sitting on one of the cargos. " They're moving it in a secure location." He replied. I look at the Team then Brian. " Shaw ain't hitting that base." Brian shook his head. " He's hitting the convoy."

" Wait." Olive called from her car. " That Braga you're talking about, is it Arturo Braga?" She asked looking at Brian. I looked at Olive's lower right neck, just a liitle above her collarbone. Her curls always resting at the exact same place where Sophia's birthmark should be. " How'd you know him?" I heard Gisele asked. " He's one of my father's goons. Of course I would know him." Olive stood from her car and walked to join the rest of us, her curls bounced and I saw a flash of something dark, like a scar on her collarbone but it was so fast that I'm not sure if it was really there or just a figment of my imagination. " I thought he's dead?" Olive asked looking at Alex with a frown on her face.