Chapter nineteen

"Okay so," I mumble, looking in my recipe book as I stand in the kitchen in my black leggings and Niall's hoodie, sliding the sleeve back up my arm for the fifth time. I pull my hair up into a bun, humming softly as Niall appears from the fridge with some of the ingredients. "We need 500 grams of butter" I nod, placing the scales on the worktop and making sure it was fixed right so we didn't go over the weight required. I take some of the butter out of the tub, placing it in the bowl before nodding slightly in happiness that it was right.

"Now what?" Niall smiles, coming to peer over my shoulder at the book before me. A gentle kiss was pressed to my cheek as I giggle softly, leaning to the side as he smiles. I attempt to reach up into the cupboard to get the flour, blushing when Niall reaches above, grabbing it form the cupboard himself. "There you go" he mumbles with a smile placing it before me, then turning on his heel to go and make us a drink.

I hum softly, grabbing the mixing spoon to mix everything together, giggling as he turned on the radio. I pour the mixture into the cases, swiftly placing them into the preheated oven in my modern kitchen. Ariella was coming back today, so I had decided to make some cupcakes for her. I sway softly, looking up at him as he walks over, backing me against the work top with a smug smile on his lips. "You look so cute" he says softly, leaning down towards me with that sickly smirk on his lips. I bite my lip, taking this chance to dip my finger into the bowl of spare mixture, dotting some onto his nose.

A gasp left his plump lips as I giggle, making my escape and darting across the kitchen. He smirks, running after me as I laugh loudly, standing on one side of the coffee table as he stood the other side. I was trapped with no way out other than to be caught. I pout, still giggling in hopes that he would let me run free but I know that wouldn't happen. "Niall no" I whimper, giggling like a school girl still as he shake his head with a smirk. I try to run to my left, instantly feeling my body picked up and thrown over his shoulder. I shout out as he laughs, patting my bottom that was now by his head.

"Serves you right darlin'" he laughs, spinning around in a circle as I shout out. He slows down, smiling softly as he slowly lowers me to the ground, looking deep into my eyes as he does so. The mood switched from playful to romantic, something in both of our eyes switching. His left hand slowly came up, shaking slightly as he tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear, watching it intently as I stare deep into his eyes.

I bite my lip softly, laying my hands on his chest that simply wore a white t-shirt with his chest hair poking out of the top. He smiles that gorgeous half lopsided smile, looking into my own eyes. "Hi" I whisper as he smiles softly, inching his face slightly closer to mine as his breath fell over my lips.

"Hi" he whispers back quietly, pressing his lips gently to mine as I smile softly against his lips, moving them slowly against his plump pink ones. "I love you" he whispers against my lips as I smile widely, kissing him slowly before ghosting my lips over his, both of us keeping our eyes closed.

"I love you too" I whisper back, feeling his body pressed to mine.

~~~~~~~

"Niall look!" I giggle, pulling the cakes out of the oven as he cheers, walking over and kissing my cheek once again as I lean into his touch, placing the cakes on the cooling rack as I spin around to look at him with a wide smile, looking into his eyes as he looks back into mine, nothing but adoration filling both sets as we looked into each other souls.

"Soph, we need to talk" he says softly as my eyebrows furrow, looking at him with sadness in my eyes. Was he really going to end this all already? I look away from his eyes as he gently grabs my chin, looking deep into my eyes. "Nothing is wrong darlin', it's just-" he says softly with a sigh as he looks into my eyes. "I know you don't care about Harry anymore but until my album is out and things, can we just keep this between us?" he says softly as I nod slowly, taking in what he was saying. "I mean just until we both know where all of this is going okay?" he continues.

I nod slowly, taking both of his hands into mine as he stood close to me, keeping the eye contact with him. "I understand" I say softly, running my thumb over his knuckles as he smiles softly.

"I just want to make sure it's a grounded relationship" he says quietly as I nod, looking up at him. His eyes were sparkling, finally talking about our relationship that involved just the two of us. This whole thing was different to when I first began with Harry, considering we jumped straight into the limelight. Niall wanted to have some private time as just us two which I really appreciated.

"I completely agree" I smile softly as he smiles even wider if that was even possible. "I honestly don't think I could deal with anymore drama from the media right now anyway" I shrug as Niall smiles, pressing a gentle kiss to the corner of my lips. "So, we're going to hide it for now?" I say softly as Niall nods slowly.

"Yeah," he says quietly as I smile sadly. "I know it's sad, and it's going to be hard darlin', but in the end when we can be happy and run around together in the middle of a street, it'll all be worth it" he says softly, lifting my hand to kiss the back of it. "I promise" he says softly as I smile and nod.

"Come on, lets finish these cupcakes... Ariella will be here soon and seeing him will not be fun" I sigh softly as Niall runs his hand over my back with a sad smile.

"It can't be easy Soph, for a start he's your, you know... ex..." he starts before looking down, "and then what he did to you..." he starts as I shake my head.

I hated talking about it, simply because it was one of the most embarrassing moments of my life. "It wasn't nice no, it still stings seeing him but I don't feel anything for him anymore, hence why we aren't together" I say softly. "Can we change the subject?" I say quietly as Niall nods, grabbing the food colouring from the cupboard.

"Course, green or pink?" He smiles, holding up the two bottles in front of me.

~~~~~~~

"Mummy!" I hear as I open the front door, being tackled into a hug by my absolute world, kissing her cheek softly as she holds onto my hand, waving goodbye to Harry.

"Thanks Harry, have a nice weekend" I say quietly, closing the door as we said barely  a word to each other. "Did you have a nice time?" I smile as she nods happily, walking into the kitchen with a smile.

"Niall!" She cheers, running to him to give him a big cuddle as he chuckles, placing her down onto the floor as she runs back to me. "I smell cake" she mumbles, standing up and walking into the kitchen.

"She doesn't miss a beat" I mumble to Niall, walking past him as he stifles a laugh. "Here" I say softly, handing her one as she grins, sitting at the dining table happily. I grab her colouring book and pencils, placing them in front of her as she smiles, thanking me.

"You've done a good job bringing her up" Niall mumbles, placing a hand on my lower back and pressing a quiet kiss to my cheek. "She's just as wonderful as you, and she's got her mum's gorgeous looks" he says softly, kissing my cheek once again before grabbing a cupcake for himself.

"I'm so glad you're here with me" I say softly, looking up at him as she continues to colour in her book.

"I'm glad you're mine" he whispers into my ear, sending a shiver down my spine.