Chapter Thirty Seven

Start from the beginning

"No matter what happens everyday I still think of you. I still feel the same love I did when I first realised I was in love with you Laura and I don't know if that will ever go away. Even if I want it to. Sometimes I want to hate you for making me feel so hurt but I never can. You're my Laura and even if I haven't seen you, spoke to you, thought of you in ten years I will always love you."

I stare at Ross while he speaks not saying a word, just nodding along. Ross looks at me briefly again and then it looks like it kills him to look away. When he looked at me I smiled weakly.

"You see that's why it almost hurts me to say this."

"Say what?" I ask getting worried.

My heart was beating so fast I could barely keep up with it. I could feel myself of the verge of crying. I was worried I didn't know what he was going to say. There was tears in my eyes waiting to come out.

"I can't be." Ross pauses and takes a breath.

"I can't be with you anymore." Ross finishes. He speaks so quietly I barley hear him.

That's when the first tear came out.

"I don't think this is the end of the story. I think it's just a new chapter in our lives." Ross tells me.

I look down to hide my face.

"I had no idea you felt this way." I say.

"Well a week is a long time to think and I think this is for the best." He tells me.

"What about last night?" I ask him.

"That was never meant to happen. It was a mistake." Ross tells me.

I couldn't hold in anymore tears. Hearing him say that it was a mistake was what hurt me most. I could see Ross getting up in the corner of my eyes. He stands there for a second.

"I'm sorry." He says before walking to the door.

I quickly get up and follow him and stop him before he leaves.

"You said you wouldn't leave again." I say making Ross freeze.

"I don't know what to say to you. I can't keep making up reasons for staying with you Laur. I used to have this feeling that I could do anything with you and I can't explain to myself why it's not there anymore. I just need some time to-"

"Isn't that why you were gone for a week?" I cut him off.

"I need some time feeling free feeling again, without the worry that I will come home one day to find you with my brother." Ross says coldly and then leaves me standing there speechless.

I had no idea that is how he felt. Sure I knew he would feel weird about it all but him being worried about Rocky and I? I guess he was right to be worried though. We were so close too many times. I need to forget about Rocky if I want to be with Ross. I needed a shower. I went into my bedroom to grab a change of clothes. Just as I was about to walk into the bathroom something caught my eye. I walk over to it and pick it up, it's a photo of Ross and I. How did that get here? It was a bit crinkled up but still okay, like it had been stuffed into a pocket. I looked at us, I remember this photo being taken, we looked so happy. It made me start feeling sad that now he was gone. This photo wasn't mine though so does that mean it was Ross'? It must of fallen out of his jeans last night. If he was going to end it though then why did he still carry around a photo of us?

A knock at the door interrupted my thoughts. I looked at myself in the mirror and tried to wipe away the remaining tears. There was no point in trying to hide the fact that I had been crying. I answered the door and I was shocked to which who I saw standing outside me door.

"Hey Laura." Riker greets me before letting himself in.

"Riker?" I say confused.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well I wanted to come speak to you since you and Ross are together again but then I saw him leaving here quite lets just say not himself." Riker explains.

"We're not together." I confirm to him. I walk into the living room and sit down on the couch, Riker follows.

"Oh I just presumed since last night you two seemed pretty close." Riker tells me.

"Yeah that's what I thought but apparently it was a mistake." I reply.

"Sorry." Riker comforts me. He pulls me into a hug and I start to cry thinking about Ross and I again.

As I start to calm down Riker speaks.

"Why aren't you together? If you don't mind me asking."

"It's okay." I smile.

"Rocky." Is all I mange to say but Riker understands and I don't have to say anymore.

"That's actually what I wanted to speak to you about." Riker says slowly.

"I want to be with Ross. I know you saw some things and you were concerned but trust me I wouldn't let anything happen because I love Ross and I want to be with him." I say defencelessly.

"Okay but you have to understand that you can't go around doing that. Ross didn't even see any of that and he is sill mad." Riker tells me.

"I know but Rocky has this affect on me and-" Riker cuts me off before I can continue.

"There should be no buts if you love Ross."

I nod instead of talking because I know Riker's right. Ross did say that this wasn't the end, he just needs some time. I will just stay out of his way and hopefully he wants to get back together.

"Laura are you going to get that?" Riker interrupts my thoughts.

"Huh?" I ask.

"Someone knocked on the door." He tells me.

"Oh right, I'll be back in a second."

I go to see who's at the door. I don't know who it is but I hope they come with some goos news. I open it to see.. my aunt?

"Laura!!" She says happily and pulls me into a hug.

"Don't think I'm happy to see you because trust me I am, it's just what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Well I hope so." She laughs but soon her smile drops.

"I'm afraid I have some bad news."

/ / / / / / /

I want to apologise for not posting in like a week but trust me I have been trying to write this chapter all week. Next week is my last week of school until I go on my summer holidays so I've been very busy and I don't know how I will go this week but after that I should update normally.

Another thing I want to say is THANK YOU SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR THE 5,000 READS!!! I can't believe it! I was so shocked when I saw it. I was determined to finish this chapter when I saw that and I tried to make it as long as I could. Thank you again and I hope you're enjoying the story!!

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //