[24: finally]

Jun blinked.

Since when had his house become so...golden?

The room he was in was decked with gold wallpaper, gold furniture, and even the blanket he was under was coloured golden. He wouldn't be able to afford this kind of stuff.

Had he been kidnapped, Jun wondered. He got out of the bed he was in and placed his hand on the doorknob, grateful that it wasn't locked. He peered down the empty, gold hallway and went towards what looked like a marble stairwall.

"There you are! I was wondering if you had really been knocked out that badly." Minghao's voice startled him. Jun looked at the apron tied around Minghao's waist and the spatula in his hand.

"Is this...your house? You brought me here?"

Minghao sighed. "You've been here twice. Can't you recognise the hallway by now?"

"I've never been on what's this...the third floor?" Jun asked, looking around. He had only ever been in his sitting room and second floor.

"Never mind. I made pancakes for breakfast. It's nearly seven thirty, and I'm assuming you're like everyone else who needs to go to work at nine, so you better eat up and then go back home and get whatever you need." Minghao fired off in one go before hopping down the stairs, leaving Jun wondering about Seoyul's extremely weird cousin.

Seoyul.

"Wait, Minghao? How did I get here?" He raced to the stairs, looking down to see Minghao on the first floor.

Minghao kept silent.

"What happened? Why am I here? All I remember was her apologising...where is she?" Jun slowly descended the stairs, his eyes never leaving Minghao.

"She...she...Seoyul told me that it was better for you to come back. She didn't want to hurt Hyunri. She called me at twelve midnight to come pick you up, and she told me that she had put you to sleep so you wouldn't know about it. I understand if you'd like to go back," he frantically waved his spatula here and there when he saw Jun rush down the stairs, "but I can only take you there tonight. Seori's spies are always lurking the area, and I've already caught two of them this morning trying to exterminate the area of those idiot spies. They don't bother checking when it's night, so you can come over tonight and I'll bring you to her."

Jun pursed his lips. Why did she seem to want to avoid her so much?

He didn't speak to Minghao about anything. He merely finished the pancakes, thanked him, and rushed back home to get his clothes for a magazine photoshoot and to shower.

Jun had no idea what was in store for him.

• • •

"Jun, could I talk to you for a while?" Hyunri asked when he had finished his photoshoot. He was straightening his clothes and folding them neatly in bags.

"Sure. Coffee?" He smiled, a little bitterness in it. He didn't hate Hyunri, but he did feel horrible after wanting to go with Seoyul when Hyunri was still in the picture.

No wonder she had kicked him out of her house yesterday and put him to sleep.

His mind was pretty much blank, even when he and Hyunri had stepped into the cafe nearby and ordered drinks. He was staring out of the window dreamily, until Hyunri asked him a question he had never expected her to ask.

"Tell me about your ex."

Jun blinked. "Didn't I tell you about her?"

"You only said that she made you think that she loved you. You never mentioned anything else." Hyunri sipped her coffee.