Chapter 4

Third Person POV

The silence and tension was clear as Xavier drove. Iris finally asked, "Where are you taking me?"

Xavier briefly looked at her before answering. "We are going to dinner."

Dinner. Iris tried to reassure herself that this will go well. However that wasn't what was upsetting her so much. It was that her father had decided to sell her off just like that. Like she never meant anything to him. The thought of going back home to that monster after this had upset her even more.

Oh how much she missed her mother. Wherever she was.

_

Iris got out of the car with Xavier. They both walked into the beautiful restaurant. Iris took in the dim lighting and looked around to see couples scattered across the restaurant. Everyone was dressed in fancy attire and Iris looked like an outsider compared to them. She fumbled with her fingers, feeling a bit insecure.

The receptionist took notice of the new customers as she made her way towards them. "Hello, my name is Cassandra, how may I assist you?"

"There's a reservation under Queen," Xavier smoothly replied.

"Right this way sir, ma'am," she acknowledged Iris. They both nodded and went towards their table. "Here are your menu's, I will be with you shortly." Xavier nodded as she left.

They both picked up the menus and looked through them. Iris didn't understand anything on it. She looked at Xavier awkwardly. He noticed her looking but still looked down at the menu. He enjoyed making her uncomfortable and anxious.

He finally looked up and asked, "Have you chosen what you want?" Iris felt her cheeks redden from embarrassment. She quietly said no looking down back at the menu. This is so embarrassing, she thought. But she didn't know he would take her to a place like this. Not that she minded, it just seemed that she didn't know anything on it. The words were definitely not English.

He chuckled, "No need to be shy sweetheart, I don't bite."

She looked up and was met by his hazel eyes, she looked at his lips as they curved up into a smirk.

"Anyways, I'll order for you." Xavier said avoiding the awkward tension. This time the waiter came and took their order. Xavier said some things in Italian which Iris was not able to understand. Iris did not know Italian but she could guess it was what they were speaking. If she had even got this guess wrong, that would be even more embarrassing. Her mind had made up on the fact that if she did get it wrong, she would want the chair to suck her into darkness. It was already too much to bare.

The waiter left leaving Iris speechless at their exchange of words. She desperately hoped he was speaking Italian.

"You speak Italian," Iris asked more as a fact. She didn't want to wither underneath her answer, it came off strong and confident.

He nodded, much to her relief. "My parents came from Italy." She nodded this time and looked around, thankful that she wasn't wrong.

Xavier's gaze was on her the whole time. He took in every feature of her. Her soft caramel hair. Beautiful dark brown melting eyes. Pink luscious lips. Her tan skin and the way it would glow in the sun. The way she scrunches her nose when it itches. Everything.

He wanted to take her to dinner to discuss their wedding and to get to know each other. He knew it would take more than one date so he decided to do one today. This would be a process.

Iris looked back at him, only to find him looking at her. She waved her hand in front of him as he looked away. She giggled looking at him with amusement. He looked back at her in surprise at the beautiful sound that left her lips. If he heard more of it, Xavier was sure he might never want to hear the end of it.