Chapter 38

Iris POV

"Let me go!" I pulled at the leather restraints that were itching at my wrists. The more I thrashed around the restraints, the more red my wrists got. But I don't give two fucks right now. Even my wedding ring was missing. I frowned at the thought.

Flashback  (three hours ago)

"W-what are you doing?!" I yelled in confusion. I pulled my arm away from my crazy kidnapper. He was literally trying to take off my wedding ring. And for what? Does he know about the tracker chip? I can't let him take this off of me. It will ruin the chances of Xavier finding me again. That's the last thing I want right now.

"Just shut up and give me your hand." He rolled his blue eyes at me. The ski mask was still on his face as he sternly looked at me, daring me to disobey.

"No! Why the fuck should I give you my damn wedding ring? Why do you even want it? Do you want money? Because I can give you all of that! Just let me go-"

"Just shut the fuck up woman!" He growled before taking some duck tape and taping my mouth shut. This piece of shit dared to duck tape my mouth shut?! What a bastard!

"Mhhmm! Mhhmhmhmmmm! Mhhhm-" I tried to yell at him as much as I could but the duck tape prevented me from doing so. It only came out as jumbled up and muffled words.

"You know you're only wasting your breath doing that. No one is going to hear you down here. Just shut up." He chuckled at my attempts of cursing him out.

I sighed and decided that he was right. We were in some underground dungeon type thing and he had me held down on a wooden chair. Might I add, it was super uncomfortable. My butt ached from sitting on here for so long. I was dozed off on here from the tranquilizer before this fucker decided to wake me up by splashing some water on me. What a good way to wake someone up! I rolled my eyes at the thought.

"See? It's so much better when your pretty little mouth isn't screaming at me." He gave me an amused look. I glared back at him.

"Now let's try this again. Give me your fucking hand." He demanded and held out his own hand for me to take. As if.

"Nevuh!" I yelled but it came out muffled. That was the only word that came out somewhat clear.

__

I recalled the memory and shook my head. I guess you could already guess how it went. He managed to take my wedding ring off and ended up taking it away somewhere. Probably to gamble it off and get some money out of this whole thing. But that's not how it seemed to be. This man didn't ask me about any money or threaten me for it. He just took my ring and left. His intentions with taking me are still unclear, but sooner or later I'll find out. And as much as I dreaded that moment, it was bound to happen anyway. I just hope Xavier will find me before all that goes down. He's done it before and hopefully he'll do it again. And if it ever comes to it, I'll try my hardest to get out of here myself.

The sound of light but booming footsteps brought me out of my daze. The room was stone cold with no windows or trace of light. I did manage to see the wooden door that was in front of me from when the man was taking off my wedding ring. These footsteps didn't match up with his. It has to be someone different this time. They were much lighter and faster than his. The kidnapper's steps were slow and calculated.

Great, now I have to deal with someone new.

The wooden door swiftly creaked open to reveal a skimpy blonde with a mask on as well. Her blonde hair was peaking out from the ski mask that brought out her somewhat fake tan. Her gaze fell onto my stomach and she scoffed angrily. Someone's in a bad mood. Did she not like pregnant women or something?