Chapter 1

Flashback Three Years Ago:

He was beating my mom. I couldn't believe it.

My dad had always cared for our family. He provided for us and did everything he could to make us happy. Seeing him snap like this was my nightmare. Will he ever stop? Why was he doing this?

I was screaming, my throat burning, hoping he would stop but he wouldn't. He kept on going like there was no tomorrow. At this point, I even believed that there would be no tomorrow. Why is he like this?

"Please stop!" Mom pleaded in sorrow as he dragged her out of the house. My heart ached for her. Seeing her getting abused like this made me feel like I wanted to be swallowed whole into a pit of darkness. My body felt frozen, like a single touch would burn me like a match lit on fire.

"From this day on, you will never enter this house again!" Dad shouted. He slammed the front door which caused me to jump. To my disdain, he began walking towards me.

No. Please no. Just forget I even saw anything. Please, don't hurt me.

I was shaking. Every tremble in my body only brought me to know that this was real, it was really happening. As if that wasn't enough, my heart erratically beating was a clear indication as it felt like I could hear it pounding in my ears. Not knowing what to do, I just sat there waiting for him to kick me out as well. I'm sure my eyes were puffy and the warm tears on my soft skin were being wiped away from the back of my hand.

Dad pulled me up from my crouched position and glared at me in disgust. He had never looked at me like that in my whole life, or towards anyone else for that matter. It was like this wasn't my dad anymore. He became a monster in a matter of minutes. I hated it.

"From now on you will obey me! At any cost. I don't wanna hear any shit from you. Understand?!"

Scared, I nodded my head. A strong burning sensation was sent through my cheek as he had slapped me. That would definitely leave a mark.

In my mind, the burn and print of his fingers on my red cheek would last forever, but it will heal... eventually.

"Speak!" He demanded and some spit had come out of his mouth and landed on my face as he shouted at me. It made me cringe away from him.

"Y-yes s-sir," I barely replied as he roughly let go of my arm and walked away.

I don't know why I had chosen to call him sir, but it worked out since he finally left. After all, he was not acting like my father. In this shocked state I couldn't care less about what I said, as long as I was alive. At this point I would rather have been kicked out with my mom rather than stay with him any longer.

I ran into my room, sobbing out what felt like crying a river of tears. My cries filled my room and my pillow was left wet like a puddle from my warm, salty tears.

That was the night where it all started. I never really knew why my dad had kicked my mom out. What had she ever done to him? We were all a normal family until today.

This was the beginning to trauma, abuse, misfortune, and a terrible life.

_

The Next Day:

My head was pounding as I reclaimed everything that happened last night. This will be my life from now on. I can't change anything that has happened, nor do I know how to.

Escaping was all I thought about last night, and wondering where mom was now, but I need to endure this a while longer until I'm steady enough to go out into the world by myself.

I stood up with my vision still blurry from crying. I managed to get to the bathroom and clean myself up, starting with wiping my dried tears and taking a shower.

After brushing my teeth, I put on grey sweatpants and a black t-shirt. At this point my appearance doesn't even matter.

I was still scared to get out of my room but did it anyways. Either way I will have to face him. The sooner, the better.

I slightly opened my bedroom door enough to see him sitting there like it was a normal day; drinking his coffee and reading a newspaper with his glasses on. I'm glad that one of us is enjoying their life.

I walked out and tried going towards the kitchen to avoid him but his voice stopped me dead from my tracks. Fuck, I don't want to deal with this bullshit with him again.

"Ahh there you are. Were you trying to test my patience?!" He yelled as his face contorted into a snarl.

I turned around to face his menacing glare and nodded but quickly answered while correcting my mistake. "N-no sir."

I have to act like I'm absolutely hopeless without him but truthfully, I can't wait to get the hell out of here. However that will happen.

"Good girl. I will slide this off one time, but remember! You will come in every morning from now on at seven AM to make me breakfast and leave for school. Got it?"

"Yes sir," was all I managed to say.

I quickly turned around to get my backpack and keys to go to school. At this point, going to school sounded more appealing than ever. Anything to get out of this house.

He stopped me once again and warned me with a serious display of expression. "And don't even think about running away. I will find you and kill you! Understand?"

I knew he was making empty threats but at this point after he had gone crazy last night, I had no choice but to believe him. I'm not going to take any chances with him. It's best not to. I don't want him to go all crazy on me like he had done with mom.

"Yes sir."

I left not knowing what the next chapter of my life will hold. But I didn't care anyways knowing it will be bad.

-

How was it?
I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of His Iris!

Disclaimer - Most of my chapters aren't well edited but it will get better nearing the end.

And I'm so sorry if it's too cringey 😭🤚

v o t e
&
c o m m e n t

— 𝐉.