Chapter 17

"Okay this is a shit ton of food!" Piper complains as we all struggle to carry all the bags of food up to her apartment.

The four of us girls are heading up to Piper and Chloe's to start cooking thanksgiving dinner. We are currently each carrying at least four bags and I know I have gone a little over board, but I wanted to make sure I had everything we would need.

"Seriously Anna, is this really necessary?" Chloe groans as we all make our way into their apartment and place the bags onto the counter in their kitchen.

"Yes it's necessary, it's Thanksgiving! You guys won't be complaining later when you are eating the amazing food we are going to make," I state.

Chloe and Piper give each other a look from across the kitchen island then give me nervous smiles.

"Umm Piper and I are not very good cooks, that's why we have like no food in the house all the time," Chloe says as she goes to turn on music.

"Well then you will be peeling potatoes and cutting things up for me. Ellie please tell me you can cook?" I plead looking over at the little blonde who is looking through the groceries on the counter. I can't really call her little because she is the same height as me, but she is very tiny.

"Yes I can help you cook," she chuckles and gives me reassuring smile.

"Thank god!" I sigh relieved that I will have at least one person to help me cook an entire thanksgiving dinner by myself for the first time.

I pull out a few pieces of paper from my purse with some family recipes that I got from my mother when I caved and called her the other day. Everything else I found recipes for online.

Christmas music starts playing through Chloe's Bluetooth speaker and it fills the kitchen. I can't help the laugh that escapes me as Piper and Chloe start to twirl around the kitchen laughing as they bump into one another. I may not be able to go home this Thanksgiving but this is definitely the next best thing.

Things between Harry and I have fallen into this weird place. Everything feels comfortable and open. I feel like he is finally starting to let me in but there is this one thing that creates a little barrier between us. This giant elephant in the room with our friendship. It is in the way that my heart races when he stands to close to me. Or the way I can feel his eyes follow me. Or how he has spent nearly every night at my apartment and when he doesn't, I can't sleep. All these things worry me. No, terrify me. Because if they don't go away I don't know what will happen to our friendship.

Loud giggling pulls me out of my head as Piper shakes her hips all around the kitchen. I realize that this is the first time we have all hung out together just us girls since I first moved here. No Liam or Harry or even Niall, no guys from the band, just the girls. And it is perfect.

The next few hours are filled with singing at the top of our lungs and laughing so hard we can't breath as we all work on creating a delicious thanksgiving dinner.

Chloe and Piper aren't much help besides cutting up some vegetables but they are very entertaining. I tell the girls about some of my family's thanksgiving traditions and we gossip about how Chloe is dying for Liam to ask her to move in with him but still hasn't.

"So Niall told me you guys got pizza together the other night?" Piper says all the sudden with a smile on her face. Chloe and Ellie look at me and coo with little smiles like there is something to tell.

"It was just pizza. It wasn't a date," I laugh. "Besides Harry ran into us and made things awkward," I say.

"Why did Harry make it awkward?" Chloe questions and Piper's eyes widen looking at me.