Chapter 16

** Get ready for drama, because the long two book wait, is finally starting 😈***

The next morning, Sam awake with an Almighty headache. She moved the palm of her hand up to her forehead to ease some of the built-up pressure. She sat up slowly while looking around the room, noticing she was still in Gabriel's room, but he was nowhere in sight. Sam twisted her legs round to the edge of the bed and slipped out from under the dark blue silk sheets.

Something Sam dreamt about last night was bugging her. She dreamed that she had lived here before, in a different life. Something was pulling her towards the door of the room. As though there was something calling for her to find it. Looking down, Sam saw she had been changed into her nightwear. Which she was unsure if she had changed herself or if Gabriel had done so.

Deciding to follow the pull towards the door, she opened it. Looking out the hallway left and then right, and feeling the call pull her to the right. Walking towards it, whatever was summoning her seemed to be pulling her towards the back garden of the property. But Sam had never been to the back of the house, so what possibly could be summoning her back there?

Before she knew it, she was opening the door to the back garden. It was a chilling but dey morning and the sun. Was only just beginning to shine over the treetops. But that wasn't what her eyes were trained on. No, Sams eyes we're fixated on the statue in the centre of the garden. Her throat went as dry as a desert. She was completely lost for words, a first for her.

Sam was standing under a statue that was a mirror image to her. Everything about her was mirrored in the statue. They were she naturally stood, her facial expression, her hair, everything was the same. But what caught her by surprise the most was the inscription underneath the statue.

"Here lays the Luna Sam, mate to Alpha Gabriel. Who gave her life to protect the pack, and will continue to protect them. Even in death." Sam whispered to herself. Then it all happened at once. Everything, every little detail came flood through her mind. Like floods that had broken down then gates. Her parents dying, her mate rejecting her, running away all the way to her last moments in Gabriel's arms. The man who she loved, the man who she was supposed to love. The man who killed her.

Yet here she was, standing in front of her own grave statue. But the difference this time, she was human. And yes there was a connection between her and Gabriel, but now she knew why. There weren't any true feelings between them, well at least not from her side.

"Sam?" The sound of the voice speaking her name sent shivers up her spine, and not the good kind. It made her sick to the stomach. She hadn't realised it, up until a gust of crisp wind hit her face that she had been crying. Sam was unsure if the steady stream of tears was from anger or sadness. But she knew there was no way she could spend any longer here. In pure anger, Sam spun around to face Gabriel and began to march towards him with purpose. "Why don't we go inside and talk about this?" Gabriel started, but before he could finish; he found himself dodging punches and kicks.

"How dare you!" Sam yelled as she connected a good few hits to Gabriel's body. They ended up on the grassy ground with Gabriel now on top pinning her down. Sam breathing heavily for the barrage of attacks.

"For once, would you just listen!" Gabriel growled at her, which only served to fuel her even more.

"For what? Another rejection off of you? You want to watch me suffer again?" Sam questioned brutally.

"I would never want to watch that again. Ever."

"You talk so much shit, you could fertilize a crop field." Sam spat back as she headbutted him, hard. Gabriel was knocked off balance, which gave Sam the opportunity to twist so that she was straddling him. Sam loading back and with one solid punch to the face, knocked Gabriel out. She fell to once side, her head spinning with so much activity.

"Fucking cock," Sam whispered and she stood to her feet and walked back into the manor leaving the sorry excuse of a man behind her. All while continuing to mutter colourful and fragrant insults about him to herself. Knowing she didn't have much time left before Gabriel woke up, she rushed up to her room and packed all her things.

Changing into a pair of black jeans, a white shirt and black leather jacket. She clung the duffle bag her should and went to Gabriel's study. She had a search around to see if there was anything of use to her. Gabriel cost her her life before so he can afford to lose whatever she deemed worth the price. It was just then she saw a stack of cash, all £100 notes with at least £20,000 there. Grabbing one stack of £10,000 she stuffed it into her bag and rushed to the garage.

She went to reach for the Ferrari keys but stopped where her eyes landed on the keys for the Bike. With a large smirk, she grabbed them and rushed over to the covered motorcycle. She pulled the cover off and made sure over Duffle bag was secure onto her back before straddling the seat. The engine revved into life her quickly before the garage doors opened. Putting the foot down, the bike sped out of the garage and down the dirt path, away from the large packhouse.

This time Sam was certain about two things. She will never step foot in that place again.

And she will never trust the Alpha Gabriel even if her life depended on it. Which it has, and he failed.