Chapter 5

The car pulled up outside a large mall which was no doubt full of expensive and high-end shops with top of the range stock. Gabriel opened the door that sat to his right which was the closet to the pavement and jumped out of the car to turn around and lend a hand to Sam. 

" Could we not have went somewhere... less money costing?" Sam asked Gabriel as he closed the door behind them and the car drove away. 

" Nonsense. This is my treat, seeing as I nearly killed you." Gabriel chuckled before they walked into the mall which was full of people walking around, admiring the shop windows or sitting at the coffee chop which sat in the middle of the corridors. The age ranged for a few weeks old up to the elderly woman and men walking around shopping for themselves or loved ones. 

" So where to first?" Gabriel asked as Sam thought before looking around. 

" I think somewhere with nice dresses. I could do with a few party dresses. They always come in handy sometimes." Sam said as Gabriel nodded and placed an arm around her waist and guided her through the crowds of shoppers. Normally, Sam would try and part with this contact. But in truth, she took comfort from his strong body being right next to her. 

" Here. This shop I am sure you will love, my mother always loved to shop here for dresses." Gabriel said as he pushed her into the shop first and followed behind her. Sam was taken a back by the collection and array of different styles of dresses. So many caught her eye she had trouble on trying to pick which she liked the best. Once she decided on a few she held them in her arms and walked over to the fitting room. 

" Show me each dress you try." Gabriel said as he took a seat just outside the changing rooms and waited for her to change into the outfits. She pulled the curtains back and walked around to show him the first of five. It was a small red dress which sat tightly on her body and black lace over her right shoulder and down her arm. 

" Well?" Sam asked as Gabriel sighed eyeing the dress. Sam sighed and went back into the changing room and changed to com back out in a royal blue dress. It was skater style with silver glitter around the neck line and a thin black belt around her waist. Gabriel nodded with a smile of approval before she went back in and changed again. This continued on until she got the final dress. She walked out holding it up in her right hand before stopping and letting it go. She smoothed it out before lifting her head to a very flabbergasted look spread across his face. Sam stood in front of him dressed in a black sequined which fish tailed out fro the middle of her thighs down to the floor. Gabriel stood up and walked over to her.

" You look magnificent. Get this dress." Gabriel said flat out before putting his finger up and grabbing her hand before dragging her out of the changing rooms and onto the shop floor. Surprisingly no one stopped him doing so which stunned her as he handed her a pair of lace black high heels to put on which she did before he passed her some jewelry to try on. 

"Won't we get in trouble for this?" Sam asked as she put on the diamond choker necklace and a matching bracelet and earrings. He passed her a clutch back which was silver and very sparkly to the eye. He then looked t her up and down before nodding and pushing her in front of a mirror. Sam's breath was taken away from her as she saw the pieced together outfit. 

" You have good taste. I'm guessing you mother?" She asked as Gabriel admired her curvy body in the tight dress her cleavage was on show but not enough to make him upset and not like the dress. It fitted her perfectly. 

" Indeed." He answered her question before turning to look at the cashier, "We will take it all."

" What? No, Gabriel. This dress alone is like over a hundred easily. Top it off with everything else. It's too much..." Sam said shaking her head to him. 

" Shh, don't worry about numbers. I will take care of that. You just find something you like and feel beautiful in." Gabriel said as he kissed her forehead in a comforting way, but Sam could feel something else hidden in his lips. "Now, Go and change. I will sort everything out." He said ushering her back into the changing room where she quickly changed and walked back out in her white skater dress and jacket. Gabriel was standing there with two brown paper bags in his arms with a smile. 

" Next?" He asked as they left the shop and continued to buy some more clothes and ended up with many bags which Gabriel got someone to take the bags back to the car as they continued to just walk through the mall.

" Are you hungry?" Gabriel asked breaking the silence between them and Sam nodded and stopped before looking up at Gabriel.

" Can we have Chinese? I am craving it for some reason." Sam asked as Gabriel nodded and wrapped an arm around her waist and began to walk in a direction. 

" There is this amazing small cafe which does the best chin..." He muttered but was brought to a stop when loud bangs sounded through the air. Gabriel instantly moved to cover Sam with his own body as he sank to the ground. Sam lay stunned unable to feel anything under the mass of stone which was Gabriel. She could hear yells all around her, men in black suits moved around and circled Gabriel and Sam as he pulled her to her feet and they rushed off towards the car as Sam leaned against Gabriel for support. Once in the car, they sat down huffing and puffing.

" Hello?" Gabriel asked as he picked up his ringing phone. 

" Yes, we where shot at by some group of around four. Yes we are fine." He spoke down the phone.

"Gabriel?" Sam spoke soft but was ignored by him as he continued to talk on the phone. She called him again only to continued to be ignored. She looked down at her hand which was covered in a red stick liquid. Her white dress was now stained in blood as it began to ooze out from the right side of her stomach. 

" Gabriel!" She finally yelled out catching his attention. His face paled when he saw her blood everywhere and her head fell back against the head rest. Her face was paling and sweat beads began to show as her breath began to shallow. 

" It's Sam! Sh- she's been hit!"