Chapter 4

" Are you ready?" Gabriel's voice called as he slowly opened the connecting door, not wanting to open the door completely and suddenly. Only to find her half naked, not that it wouldn't be nice for him to witness but he would never be able to control himself if he did.

" Yes, just putting on a jacket that I found in here. I hope you don't mind, it was the only thing in the room anyway along with the shoes." Sam spoke as Gabriel walked in, Sam's back was facing him as she flicked her long brown hair with was lighter at the ends, out from underneath her jacket and turned around fixing the jacket to be comfortable over her. She lifted her eyes to look at a stunned Gabriel. His mouth was slightly agape while his eyes where more wide than normal. "Do I look alright?" Sam asked slight conscious about how she dress and dolled herself up. Maybe she had done her hair and make up wrong? Or maybe she looked stupid in a white dress with boots? 

" You look..." Gabriel said as he struggled to find a word, this showed to Sam as his mouth continued to open and close with the sound of a word trying to get out but was caught. He shook his head and his lips where once again plastered with his signature half smirk. "Not even the goddesses could be compared too you." He said causing Sam to blush gently under her soft pale cheeks. Her red lips pulled up into a small smile. 

" Thank you." She muttered as Gabriel opened his hand and moved it out in front of him for her to take. Her black ankle boots stepped closer to his hand as her white skater dress moved around her upper legs then hid under the black leather jacket which held silver zips. 

" Come on, time to go shopping." He said as she placed her hand into his and they walked out the room and back down the stairs and halls.

" So what exactly is this place then?" Sam asked as Gabriel continued to hold her hand and guide her through the large house.

" Think of it as a permanent hostel kind of thing. People live here and do their part in the running's of the place. They can do what they please as long as it stays within the rules." Gabriel told her as she nodded softly understanding somewhat. 

" And you are the leader?" Sam asked looking up at Gabriel.

" Yes, My great great grandfather first started this all out, ever since then it as been passed down to the first born since then." Gabriel informed her. 

" So are you an only child?" 

" No. About four years ago, my mother gave birth to my younger brother, Dustin." Gabriel smiled warmly as he remember his birth. His younger brother became something extremely important to him, he help fill the void from his loss of his mate. But it never fully healed.

" Where is he and your parents?" Sam asked as Gabriel turned a corner and was about to answer when a loud, ear piercing squeal sounded through the air. Sam's eyes looked over to the origin of the scream and saw a small boy with brown hair and grey eyes running quickly over to them both. She heard Gabriel chuckled as he bent down and opened his arms for the boy to run into and wrap his arms around Gabriel's neck as he hoisted him up and held him sitting on his hip.

" Right here." Gabriel smiled to Sam before looking back at the boy.  Sam almost immediately saw the resemblance between the two brothers as they looked at each other with giant smiled. 

" Where is mummy and Dada?" Gabriel asked Dustin as he turned in his arms and pointed to the end of the corridor to see a older looked man and woman walk around the corner. The older man's arm was wrapped around the woman's shoulders holding her close to him. Warm smiles coated their lips as they saw the scene before them. 

" Mum, Dad. What are you doing here? I thought you were away visiting friends?" Gabriel said to them both as they shrugged their shoulders.

" We decided to cancel, we wanted to meet the new girl in the house anyway." The woman said as she stepped forward and reached a hand out to Sam. 

" Hi, I'm Julia. Gabriel's mother." She spoke. For his mother she was sure young looking maybe late thirties. She had full slight curly hair which was just longer than her shoulders was a soft chocolate brown. Her gentle brown eyes gave off a comforting motherly look that would calm even the most savage of beasts. She wore a cream cardigan which fell down over her light blue, tight jeans.

" And I'm Holden. Their father." The man said stepping forward. He too had gentle features to his face with brown almost black hair and grey eyes that showed he had seen a lot yet still held a kindness only a father would have. 

" Sam, it's nice to meet you guys" Sam smiled to the before dipping her head. Her face scrunched up wondering why she just bowed her head. It was just a reflex but she has never done it before and something she found strange. 

" We where just heading out to go shopping. " Gabriel said as he looked to his dad. Sam noticed Gabriel's eyes go distant, like he was now no longer in the present but in a day dream of sorts.

" So shopping? Sounds like fun. Make sure you dig deep into his pocket and that Gab spoils you." Julia spoke to her with a pointed look as she was no to be argued with. Sam smiled to her and shook her head.

" I could not so that. It feels wrong just letting him pay for this anyway little own make sure I spend a lot of money." Sam said as Julia smiled and lifted a hand to stroke the side of her head over her hair. Before smiling and turning to walk away with Holden and Dustin back down the hall.

" Sorry about that. Shall we go?" He asked and opened his arm for her to take and she did as Gabriel then escorted her out of the house and towards a chauffeur driver black jaguar car. Gabriel opened the door and helped Sam in before slipping in himself and closing the door.