Chapter 15

"Who the fuck was that?"

"What?" Gabriel asked her completely gobsmacked. "So you don't remember her?"

"No, I just said that to make her shut the fuck up really." Sam shrugged. Just as a blast of heat exploded from the other side of the room, to force was enough to send everyone flying away from the blast. Bits of rubble fell as the building crumbled under the force. Collapsing on all the people in the dance hall.

Once the rubble settled, there was complete silence. The quite was unsettling as nothing moved or spoke. The odd stone tumbled down clicking as it went. A thick coat of dust fogged the air as everything settled down.

"Shit." A deep voice muttered through the silence as Gabriel shifted crumbled stone of the once exquisite dance hall. He coughed as the dust caught the back of his throat and dried out his mouth. His suit now covered in dirt and torn with stains of blood from surface wounds. Had it not been for his wolf, his wounds would have been worse. One thought hit him like another collapse of a building on top of him.

"Sam!" He yelled out as he looked around at the mountain of debris. So many thoughts flew through his already dizzy mind. The sounds of more rubble moving caught his attention and he rushed over to assist, a hand pushed its way up through the chunks of stone. Gabriel grabbed hold of the hand and pulled careful to lift the person from the rubble. It was Enzo that appeared before him. While Gabriel was happy to see if friend well, he was still overly concerned about Sam.

"What the hell happen?" Gabriel asked Enzo as they both began to search through the rubble for their loved ones. "Sam!" Gabriel yelled. Enzo quickly found Rosalia and pulled her up, they embraced each other tightly.

"It must have been an explosion caused by Elisa," Enzo answered Gabriel as he pulled out his phone and called someone. "I need every available body in the ballroom immediately."

"Sam!" Gabriel continued to tell as he moves stone from place to place, trying to find any sign of Sam. It was then he saw a light blue material that was hauntingly familiar to him. "No, no, no Sam!" Gabriel shouted as he pulled rubble off the top of her. Enzo kissed Rosalia on the forehead before rushing over by Gabriel's side and helped to pull off the remaining rubble.

"Come on, " Gabriel whispered in frustration as rubble kept falling back onto her. But finally, they managed to clear the area enough to pull Sam out.

Gabriel carried her in his arms a few feet to a clear area, where he set her down to get a face was covered in a grey coloured dust as well as scattered small cuts and bruises. But there was once deeper cut to the area above her right eyebrow, this had darker bruising showing she had been hit with something really heavy. Which is more than likely was has caused her to be unconscious.

Sam then began to stir in Gabriel's arms as she let off a deep painfilled groan. Her eyebrow scrunched in pain before letting out a hiss of agony from moving the wound on her head. Her eyes flickered open to reveal the eyes that Gabriel was desperate to see. He sighed a gentle sigh of relief as he lifted his hand to move some hair from her face.

"Hey, baby. Thank the heavens you're alright." Gabriel muttered to her as he kissed her forehead and pulled her close to his chest. "Come on, we need to you get home so we can see to those wounds." Sam just nodded to Gabriel's command as he stood up from the ground her in his arms and her head resting against his left shoulder.

"Take care of her, Gabriel. If you need anything you know where I am." Enzo said as he pulled Rosalia to his side and wrapped an arm around her waist. "And you, Enzo." Gabriel nodded to Enzo to say goodbye before looking to Rosalia, "Rosalia." Gabriel also nodded to her in goodbye before turning around and walking out of what was left of the ballroom. As they left, Enzo's men rushed into the ballroom ready to dig out all of the attendees at the event.

"Gabriel, my head is killing me," Sam muttered weakly as he made his way to their car.

"I know, my love. Hold on a little longer and I will take away the pain." Gabriel whispered to her as he motioned for the driver to open the door. He slipped into the car with Sam still bundled in his arms. The door was shut and Gabriel made himself comfy before looking down at Sam. She had fallen back asleep again and he just pulled her close and held her tight for the quite and quick journey home.

"We're home Alpha." The driver said as they pulled to a stop outside the packhouse. Once the door was open, Gabriel carried Sam up to his bedroom.

He places her gently on top of the bed and kissed her forehead, before heading to his bathroom to grab his first aid kit. He walked back over to a sleeping Sam and sat on the edge of the bed around her waist. Opening the first aid box, he pulled out a wipe and dressings before tending gently and painlessly to her wounds.

"Hey, I need you to take these meds," Gabriel whispered, wakening Sam up gently so she could take strong pain relief. Sam quickly took them and lay back down to allow Gabriel to tend to the wound on her head with wipes, butterfly sutures and a dressing over the top.

"Thank you, " Sam muttered as the drugs began to work.

"You don't need to thank me," Gabriel whispered.

"Gabriel, " Sam whispered in a drowsy state. Gabriel looked to her with curiosity. "Yes, love." He answered back

"I love you."