Chapter 14

"Alpha Gabriel Dawson, from Red River." A voice called out as the doors reopened for the pair to walk through. Gabriel held Sams hand on top of his in front of them as they walked into the ballroom. Everyone's eyes averted to the couple now at the top of the stairs, all conversations dulled. Sam could not understand why they were so interested in them as they walked slowly down the stairs. But Gabriel knew all too well.

News of Sam spread fast, it's not every day you get a reincarnation of a mate. Everyone wanted to know why Sam was so different, why the moon goddess had given them another chance. Gabriel gave her a small side smile out the corner of her eye, which gave her heart flutters in her chest. Her light blue dress floated down the stairs with every step. The creaseless material hugged her perfectly until the waist, where it exploded out with a small train at the back. Once they reached the ballroom flooring, they bowed in front of them towards Enzo. Everyone quickly went back to their conversations soon after.

"What was all that about?" Sam asked while curiously looking around the room. People still continued to stare as they moved on with their conversations.

"Don't worry about it, it's not normal for myself to attend balls with someone on my arm," Gabriel said making it up, Sam still doesn't know about anything yet; and Gabriel wanted it to stay that way.

"I see, " Sam whispered just as Gabriel led her over towards Enzo and his companying lady, Gabriel bowed and Sam dipped her knees to them with a soft smile.

"Gabriel, it's been a long time." Enzo smiled widely at him and they both put their hands out and gave a hearty shake.

"Too long, my friend." Gabriel bounced back. "Please, let me introduce Sam. Sam, this is Enzo. He is a very close friend and allays."

"Nice to meet you, " Sam whispered softly putting out her hand and Enzo gladly took it. Place a soft kiss on her knuckles.

"And this is Rosalia." Enzo introduced his lady. Sam smiled and bowed her head slightly with a smile. To which Rosalia returned the gesture. Gabriel took Rosalia hand and also placed a list upon her knuckles.

"Well, I do hope you enjoy your night here. And should anyone be of a problem, find anyone of my men or myself and it will be dealt with immediately." Enzo smiled at Gabriel while placing a hand on the small of Rosalia's back.

"Thank you, I'm sure we will have fun," Gabriel muttered the last part to Sam as he guiding her away from the couple. "Would you like to dance?"

"Okay, " Sam smiled to him as he leads her onto the main dance floor. Placing his hand on her hip and lacing his fingers through hers he twisted them both gently. Sam chuckled as they both joked about any things. The ball continued on for most of the night dancing and chatting away too many of Gabriel's friends and colleges.

"Have you enjoyed your night?" Gabriel asked and Sam nodded heavily. She had indeed enjoyed her night, she had spoken to some lovely people and dance many dances.

"Thank you, " Sam said to him, just as Gabriel went to ask why he realised a dangerous growl alongside several others in the room. The noise sent fearful shivers down Sam's spine. Gabriel pulled Sam into his chest before turning around to see what exactly sent Gabriel into protective mode. When Sam looked upon the woman's smirking face, she knew she was bad news.

"You are not welcome here, " Enzo spoke deeply threatening as he walked towards the woman. "Elisa."

As soon as Enzo spoke her name, Sam's mind flashed back. But all she could see was violence and blood. No faces, just blood. It was like her mind remembered everything that had happened but not fully, Sam just knew she and Elisa were enemies.

"Well, I thought with both yourself and that bitch here, I thought I could kill two birds with one stone." Elisa grinned devilishly. Sam instantly knew she was talking about her and something just clicked. Sam could not even control her body as she broke from Gabriel's grip with immense strength. She reached for a silver knife that lay upon the table that stood next to her. Flipping the knife skillfully in her hand to hold the bladed end, she spun around while using the momentum of the spin to launch the knife. It sliced through the air, directly for Elisa's head. It all happened so fast, when the knife was a few inches away from Elisa, her hand reached up and caught it.

"So, you remember who I am? Even with this memory loss, you claim to have." Elisa grinned wider at Sam she picked up her dress and marched closer to the woman.

"Your damn well right I remember your shit face." Sam hissed at the woman.

"You think an attack at a ball with near a hundred of us would be a great idea with just yourself?" Enzo spoke to her as Elisa chuckled before it proceeded into a full-on laughing fit. She dropped the knife to the ground as she stopped laughing dead and looked at both of them seriously.

"I never said I was alone." Just as she said her sentence, Elisa vanished in a puff of black smoke-like vapour. There was silence for a moment before Sam spun around to look at Gabriel, who stood there looking at the woman in complete shock. Did this mean she remembered her past life? Was all the ripped through his mind.

"Gabriel?" Sam asked as she looked at him with her soft eyes.

"Yes?" Gabriel managed to ask with a chock in his voice.

"Would you mind telling me something," Sam muttered to him. Those words seemed to make his heart stop, what was she about to ask? He swallowed his words and nodded as it was the only thing he could manage.

"Who the fuck was that?"