Chapter 24

Aadhya's POV

"Woah, you just look gorgeous, Diya." Ishika complimented as she entered my room. I was wearing a knee length black one piece with full net sleeves. Veer was to be here in next thirty minutes to escort me for our date. He wanted to stay with me all the afternoon. But considering how much his business and employees demanded his presence, he left, not without reassuring me that he'd be back by seven-thirty in the evening.

"Now, only if I can fix this mess." I pointed my hair which shared similarity with bird's nest.

"Don't worry, I'm on it." She said and disappeared. Few seconds later, she appeared with few things in her hands. When I raised my eyebrow, is waved off saying she'll handle it.

Fifteen mins later, I was completely ready waiting for Veer in the living room. Ishika had pulled my hair into a loose bun with few loose strands that I kept pushing behind my ears.

That's when I suddenly remembered someone. The one I met the last time I went out with her. Jay.

"Hey, is Jay still at the hospital?" I asked, nonchalantly.

"No. I mean we can't keep him there, right? He needed proper medical treatment so Kabir asked someone to admit him at the city hospital." She shrugged.

Well, shit.

"So you don't have any idea where he is?" I asked.

When the odds are against you, and you know it very well, no amount of reassurance can help from keeping your heart sink. Moreover, the feeling of just losing the only chance of knowing about my life as DA was not so good.

"No, I don't. I guess Kabir also doesn't."

Well, it was really nice knowing this. My subconscious mind added sarcastically. That's when I heard the noise of clicking of shoes. Veer walked up to me, checking me out. A smirk crept over my lips.

"Like what you see?" I asked him the same question he asked me when I entered his room while he was half naked.

"Definitely." He grinned, bringing my hand to his lips and pecked the back of my palm. Instead of blushing, I kissed his cheeks surprising him.

"These are for you." He said giving me bouquet of white roses. I gave him a questioning look.

Don't people give red roses as a symbol of love? And definitely, I like white roses but they are not my favorite ones.

"Oh, don't tell you forgot these too. They are flowers, roses in particular. Roses are given...." I placed my hand on Ishika's mouth giving her a faked grin.

"Thank you very much for introducing these beautiful things to me. But as I'd already stated, I've just lost my memories and not my common sense." I said, slightly offended by Ishika's joking attitude towards my memory loss.

"Oh, I thought you forgot." She grinned sheepishly. Oh! Now I got it, this girl loved to annoy me.

I rolled my eyes at her. Veer intertwined his fingers with mine, pulling me out with him. I turned back to see her winking at me and I blew a flying kiss at her while she acted as if she caught it and I giggled.

I know we were dramatic. I mean she was dramatic and was now rubbing off it on me. But I spend most of my time with her, so I guess I'm used to her teases and she really loves annoying me. We've really gotten along we well.

I still remember the first time I saw in her a saree, she was too much polite with me. Then, she into a horrible monster when she thought that I was about to marry Kabir. She's just always is a chirpy mood, taking everything seriously yet lightly at same time. I might admit that I made a good friend in just a week time.