"Steven that's not our call to make. Ruby's has got to  want that for herself. If that's not what Ruby wants, then it's not what Garnet wants, right?" Y/n says to Steven.

"Mmm... Ugh, I guess so..." Steven gives in.

"Besides, Absence makes the heart grow fonder." Y/n says looking up at the sky.

Ruby begins jumping up and down on the van in enthusiasm.

"So... Where you going after this, dude? You just gonna stay out here?" Amethyst asks.

"I wanna live free! One with the wilderness! Facing danger in every turn! Not leaving nothin' or nobody to get me by! Just like... this guy!" Ruby holds up a comic book titled "Dolphin Tail".

"Hmm. Do you mean... something like this?" Steven asks. Steven shows Ruby another comic called "Lonesome Lasso". Ruby jumps down from the van and takes the comic book.

Ruby gasps. "That's even better! The open plains, that's where I wanna go!" She says.

Greg looks at the comic. "I think I know just the place. I'll get ya there." He says.

"Thank you!!" Ruby says as she cartwheels away in excitement.

"I don't plan to return to Pearl and Sapphire empty handed just yet." Y/n says. 

"Alright, alright, if this is how it's gotta be. I'll support Ruby in her quest for emotional growth." Steven says.

Y/n and Steven look to see Ruby making finger-guns atop Greg's van. "Yee-haw! Pa-pow, pa-pow! Bang bang bang! Woo-hoo!!"

Greg drives Ruby, Y/n, Steven and Amethyst to an open outdoor range.

"Y'all ready to wild west it up?" Greg asks

Ruby kicks the back doors of the van open, revealing herself to be dressed like a cowboy, and she jumps out. She pulls the Lonesome Lasso comic from under her hat and begins to read. "Here I am, on the open range... At least you understand me, horsey."

"Oh, Ruby, you need a steed!" Steven says looking at Y/n and Amethyst.

The two turn to each other and hold out there hands. "Rock.Paper. Scissors!" 

 Amethyst shows her hand as a fist for rock, Y/n has his hand flat for paper. 

Amethyst shrugs. "I'm always down for a little... horsin around." Amethyst grunts loudly as she begins to shapeshift into a horse, and neighs proudly. "Giddy-up."

Ruby begins riding on Amethyst's back and treads into the open range, while Steven, Y/n and Greg follow behind.

"How's it goin', Ruby? Feel like a real cowboy now?" Greg asks.

"Yep. I sure reckon I do". Ruby replies

"Sorry I gotta be a yellow-belly about this, but we don't even have a map. I think we're just gonna get ourselves lost." Steven says and Amethyst snorts.

"I already am lost. That's why I came out here; to find myself." Ruby says.

The group comes to a hedge that blocks their way.

"It's a dead end." Y/n says.

Ruby dismounts Amethyst. "This is what I mean. What's behind this brush... I dunno! Sapphire ain't here to predict for me. It's my chance to find out for myself!" Ruby crawls into the hedge, and then screams loudly.

"Oh jiminy! Ruby?!" Steven cries.

Steven peeks through the hedge to find Ruby standing on a cliff ledge, breathing quickly and looking down at a deep ravine.