43. Back To The Kindergarten

Start from the beginning

"Oooh, hey there, girl!" Amethyst says and she pets Pumpkin. "Yo, Steven! This a bad time?" She asks.

"Of the three things I have to do in the sink now, this is the one I least mind you seeing." Steven says

"Ugh, Peridot is still depressed with Y/n all up in your B-room?" Amethyst asks.

"Yeah. She still hasn't gotten over Lapis leaving and taking the Barn with her into space. I think she just... needs a little more time to herself? Even Y/n seems pretty down about it." Steven says.

"Nope! That's it, we're getting them out." Amethyst says and she starts to walk to the bathroom.

"Wait, Amethyst!" Steven cries chasing after her.

Steven and Amethyst opens the door to the bathroom.

"Uhh... Peridot, Y/n?" Steven calls out.

Somber country music is heard playing from Peridot's tablet on the sink, while Peridot lies on Y/n who is sat on the floor, with puddles of water everywhere on the floor. Steven and Amethyst exchange worried looks, and Amethyst walks in.

"You... guys feeling any better?" Steven asks.

"Uugghhh..." Peridot groans.

Amethyst pauses the music on Peridot's tablet.

"So... Uhh what have you two... been up to?" Steven asks looking at the two.

Peridot mumbles something into Y/n's chest.

Steven walks over. "I uhh... couldn't really hear you there."

Y/n slowly lifts Peridot up off his chest.and flips her over to the floor, with her looking absolutely haggard.

"Nothing..." Peridot says sounding depressed.

"I tired to sing a song earlier to lift my mood... It didn't work." Y/n sighs.

"You guys have been in this bathroom kind of a long time? Maybe you should get some fresh air." Steven suggests.

"... What's the point?..." Peridot says.

"To feel better?" Steven says.

"If you think it will help, then I'm willing to give it a try." Y/n sighs and looks down at Peridot. "Come on, Peridot, I don't like seeing you like this." Y/n says.

"Like what?..." Peridot asks.

"Dudes, let's just get out of the house. We could go check out my old Kindergarten. We met all those other Amethysts up in space, and they all came out of the same rock as me. I've been meaning to get a look at the old neighborhood now that I've met the neighbors." Amethyst suggests.

"That sounds fun. What do you say, Peridot? Y/n?" Steven ask

"It's fine with me if Peridot agrees." Y/n says.

"You can make us feel dumb by telling us all the stuff we don't know!" Amethyst says trying to cheer Peridot up.

"I miss that..." Peridot admits but still looks and sounds depressed. 

"Great, it's settled!" Amethyst says.

 Y/n slowly gets up and looks down at Peridot. "Are you walking or am I carrying you?" He asks her.

"Carrying..." Peridot says and she slowly raises her arms. Y/n slowly lifts her up and she rests her head on his shoulder. "Can I bring my music?..." She asks.

"No." Amethyst says bluntly.

Y/n Steven, Amethyst and Peridot board a train that is passing by the countryside. Steven and Amethyst are gazing out at the scenery, while Peridot is laying in a fetal position inside, Her head was in Y/n's lap who is laid back against a hay bale looking out of the train car at the sky.