《 || Liabilities || 》

Nimble fingers precisely placed like a surgeon exercising his craft.

Shadows dance wildly, their whispers reverberating into a church choir. Singing methodically through my mind.

Just a taste.

What harm can come from one.. simple.. taste.

"Hey sexy, you.. uh.. gonna move, or...?" Angeldust coos, waving one gloved hand in front of my face.

The chorus roars in my head, all the shadows colliding into one inky black mass swirling together and my sight is complete darkness before the light fades in. Their whispers sinking back into the oblivion of my subconscious as my consciousness regains control.

"I do believe I've finished here! Yes indeedy!  Charlie, a room would be delightful! Our little fox is going to need to rest." I proclaim as I stand and face Charlie, ignoring Angeldust.

"Oh! My! GOSH! Our next guest! Yessss!" Charlie jumps up and down with little hearts in her eyes before dancing away to the lobby desk to retrieve a key. She's back within the minute she left, excitement radiating off of her. "Okay! Room 104, it's on  the first level. Is she going to be okay? She doesn't look good. We can keep an eye on her, make sure she's got plenty of water, I'm sure she will need to rehydraaaaate!"

"Niffty, my little darlin', could you come here please?" I ask. There isn't any need to raise my voice as she's next to me no sooner than the words fall from my grinning mouth.

I lean down, patting her on the head. "Would you please take this room key and prepare the room for me?" I motion to Charlie, holding the key.

"Oooohh, yes! Yes of course! I'll be right back!" Niffty runs over to Charlie, taking the key and disappearing up the staircase on the far side.

Turning back to y/n and I take her into my arms, careful to avoid the bullet holes. She's nearly weightless as I carry her. I make my way up to the first level of rooms, a short walk through the hall to room 104.

This is like playing with fire.

Sly fox, ma pétite, you haven't the slightest clue have you? How easily you've infiltrated my mind... the danger you're in pales in comparison to what he's done to you.

You don't know..

...how much...

I like to play with fire.

Entertaining.

*

"You're brooding."

"No, I'm not."

"Oh ho ho, yes. Yes you are." Lucifer flicks the ends of his white morning coat outward, kicking one leg over the seat of a dining chair seating himself on it backwards, his arms laying flat against its high back. A devilish coy smile playing up his stark white face, bending the rosy circles of his cheeks. "The malice is rolling off of you in waves old friend!"

While Lucifer's voice is upbeat, eyes purely delighted, there's a hint of warning playing in his voice.

"The girl? Has she made it through?" He quips. "What was it like, Alastor? To have her bleeding and broken, you could've easily devoured her! That's your end game, isn't it?"

His gaze shifts to his nails for inspection, muttering softly. "Not like I haven't seen it before."

He waves his fingers one after the other and places his hand back down, eyes trained back on me. "Or.. does this one manifest herself differently in your darkest thoughts...?"