The Sweet Scent Of Revenge

...

Vox watches as the limousine pulls away from the curb. His back, pressed hard against the exterior of an adjacent building, in the shadows of an abandoned alley.

He kicks his leg back against the old brick structure, his body leveraging upright.

"Let's go pay Mimzy a little visit, shall we boys?"

**

Inside the club, I'm absentmindedly back to tending to patrons. Clearing one table's drinks, putting them on my tray. Then off to another, politely asking if they need a refill. Clear those drinks and back to the bar.

"Hey! Can I get a Jack and Coke, double?" I yell over the bar, lifting myself up with my arms to get the bartender's attention. He nods, and I lower myself back down.

I can't... even. Fucking deer! Fucking lion!  What even was that? One blatantly trying to  bed me, argh.

It's actually embarrassing. I played right along with Lucifer, giving him exactly what he wanted. Then come to find out, I'm flirting with the Devil. I groan, wiping a hand over my face. The drink is slid in front of me. I take it, leaving the tray on the end of the bar and return to the demon who ordered it.

We are only three quarters of the way through the show for the evening, and its a packed room. I make my way around to another table, repeating the process.

Then Alastor looks like he wants to freaking eat me. Or.. something. I don't even know. His eyes never match what he says. That's frustrating.......

Fucking deer.

I giggle, back at the bar and grabbing one of the wipe down rags. Back to a recently abandoned table to clean it.

Thinking of Alastor as a deer makes him seem more.. normal.

I lean over, scrubbing the tabletop down with the rag. My ear flicks, noticing that the audience has died down. The music plays triumphantly, along with the tapping of the dancers on the stage.

"Sugar, sugar." Mimzy is now beside me, whispering. I feel her hand gently tug at the fur on my arm, so I turn to look at her. She isn't looking at me however, but beyond me.

The tapping stops, leaving only the music playing. I flick my ear again, turning my head around to look in same direction Mimzy is.

The entire club is looking at what appears to be a TV demon. He's clad in a black suit with electric blue pinstriping, tall, holding what looks to be a fully automatic rifle. Beside him, a snake demon, in a black suit blazer with thicker yellow pinstripes, a yellow shirt emblazoned with a red eye and a top hat that seems to be alive. One big eye that's scanning the room. He's also holding an assault rifle. Behind them are a few smaller demons, all in matching suits to the TV demon, with newsboy caps on, a full arsenal of guns in their possession.

One man gets up off of his barstool, shaking his head. "What the fu--" BANG. He drops to the ground, blood splattering onto the bar, a bat demoness behind him, and the floor.

The ringing in my ears is intense, painful even. Both of my ears pin back against my head, as I crouch down in response to the gunshot. My heart is beating hard and fast, pounding in my chest and ears.

The bat demoness screams, suddenly trying to make a run for it. BANG. Her head whips to the side, half of her face blown off. I can't help but look at her, blood smeared on her neck and face, gushing out of where her mouth used to be. Now it's a bursting geyser of a hole, her body falling out of my view and thudding on the ground.