Strange Addiction

I yawn, nuzzling into the pillow and draping my arm over it, pulling it closer. I don't want to leave peaceful slumber just yet.

It's shortlived, however, when Mimzy walks into the prep room. "Still in bed?" She quips, shaking her head. "Can't sleep all day, dollface. Here's your pay for last night, and your portion of the tips." She adds, tossing a crown royal bag onto the sofa sleeper I'm quietly protesting in.

Oh, hell yes!

I'm immediately up, rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand. I grab the little purple bag, opening the drawstrings and counting out the cash. I'm amazed at the quantity, more than enough to buy some clothes, shoes, necessities and then some.

Mimzy smiles. "I take it you're coming back for tonight's show then?" She's clearly amused with my reaction.

"Uhm, yeah. If you're alright with that? Can I stay here again tonight too? I don't think I have enough to get a place of my own yet. At least not a shady as fuck place." I snort, grinning.

"Yeah, no problem dearie. You're welcome to camp here until you can get on your feet!" Mimzy claps her hands together, bouncing in place. Clearly overjoyed not to have to worry about staffing for the evening.

"Can I ask you about the gentlemen last night? Alastor, and his friend, the lion?" I look at Mimzy, retying the drawstrings of the bag and getting out of bed. I stretch my arms out, and arch my back. It isn't the most comfortable bed, but I'm not in any position to complain about it.

She contemplates me for a moment, turning to look in one of the ornate mirrors on the wall. She fusses with her hair. "The lion, you say?" Her expression is calm and neutral. "Don't worry about the lion, sugar. It's best to stay away from that one, or you may find yourself in a.." she looks around the room, like she's searching for the right words. "A delicate predicament. He isn't a man who takes no for an answer. Don't get caught in his den."

Satisfied with her appearance, she turns back around to face me. Her eyes are gentle and warm, matching the smile on her face.

"As for The Radio Demon... what questions do you have?"

She's obviously fond of him.

I'm finishing putting the sleeper sofa away, dusting my hands off on my shorts. "What's his story?"

Mimzy shifts uncomfortably. The smile fading away, replaced with a frown. She sighs heavily, but reluctantly she fills in the story of Alastor. His beginning in hell, of the demons he's erased. His 'agreement' with Lucifer, and the following dormancy. Her words morph from unease to fondness as she recants stories of his visits to the club, dancing, that he would sing on occasion at the club. She tells me of his reputation and his penchant for killing, now more of a hobby with lesser demons for the sport of it. Maintaining his image, but also because its what satisfies him the most. It comes with a warning, it's best to appease him than to anger him and that's only if he gives you the opportunity.

I can't believe the same man I met... he's a monster.. why didn't she tell me this last night?! What. The. Fuck.

I nod. I want to ask her. The sentence can't find its bearing in my throat though, unable to form the words. While I'm trying to process what I want to ask, how to ask it, and control this burning anger that contorts my face and resonates in my eyes. I don't look at Mimzy, I have to keep my composure.

She had an angle. I knew it last night. I should've asked then. I just didn't.. think.

Mimzy pipes up first. "Listen, y/n. I'm sorry I didn't.. " She stops herself, then changes the subject. "I have to go run errands. I'm sure you want to pick up some things too, am I right?"