《|| A Meeting ||》

《 Alastor's POV 》

"She truly does possess a satisfying voice, doesn't she?"

Lucifer murmured, the question baring a rhetoric delivery. Shifting, he propped his elbows onto the tabletop, his fingers pressing together in front of his face. Beady eyes focused on Mimzy, observing, calculating.

"Why yes, she surely does. A true gem of a gal."

This outing is meant for business, but Lucifer loves to waste time. Trivial things easily rapture him. How annoying. Truly, hes a gentleman, having picked this venue for my entertainment. How many shows have I attended here? I've lost count. The joy having eroded away years ago, replaced by sheer boredom.

"My friend, I believe you'll need to pull the cord back on Vox. I'm unamused. " Purposefully, I lower the tone of my voice, speaking slowly and methodically. The static crackling in my voice over the last two words I speak. "I do not appreciate his presence in my territory..." The smile plastered to my face deepens, widens. The corners of my mouth curling up to my eyes, pressing my cheeks inward under the pressure.

An agreement had been struck between Lucifer and I centuries ago. This meeting a mere formality of that agreement. Vox, the TV demon, is one of hell's most powerful overlords. Lucifer's attempt to restore order during my early days, we agreed that he would pull the reigns on the remaining overlords from trying to stake claim on the ever growing territory I took.

Oh, how exhilarating it was. Agonizing screams, the confusion and anger they bore into me as I tortured them. How I had ripped limbs from their bodies, devouring them while they watched. Enraptured by the sheer power of my tendrils. My claws, one single claw at a time, an agonizingly slow grace as I punctured their throat. The pleasure in their pain was euphoric, utterly addicting. The way their flesh resisted against my touch, only to give way and allow me entrance. The crimson, I could bathe in it all. Another claw, repeating the action as they begged, pleaded, bargained with me. Oh, the sensation that would overtake my entire being when their voices faded into gurgling coughs and groans. The most entertaining part of each kill was witnessing these beasts of supreme power being reduced to nothing. Their realization I had stripped them bare, taken their power and ultimately the remnants of their ugly souls before succumbing.

The memories shifted, now replaced by the thoughts of what torture I would use on Vox. What strategy I would use, and what weapon in my arsenal I would deploy on that body of his. Oh no, no, no.. I couldn't touch his head. I yearned to see his expressions, can't turn off the screen. How would he scream? He wouldn't. That just won't do. Oh, ho ho ho, the radio was going to kill the video star.

"I'll take care of Vox. He and I haven't had a nice... chat... in quite some time." Lucifer's eyes darkened, his own smile matching mine. The words held a sinister, smooth rhythm. He was enjoying his own reverie of what to do to Vox. This won't do.

Before I could protest, Mimzy's voice pulled me from the conversation.

"We have a special guest with us this evening, a good friend of mine and the overlord of our territory. Everyone, The Radio Demon!"

Lucifer chuckles softly, full well knowing that this interruption couldn't have been more perfectly timed. For the first time, he turns his gaze off of Mimzy to me. Heavy lidded eyes and a devilish smile. No denying, Lucifer was revelling in the small victory. I cock my head to the side, keeping my composure although I'm fully annoyed. Eyes neutral, I place my right hand over the buttons of my jacket and push against the booth seat with my left, taking my stand. I can smell the fear washing over the club, the sneers and whispers through the pathetic applause.