A Lion's Plea

《 No one's POV.  》

Vox...

A thin rail in an expensive, pinstriped mob-esque suit. He more resembles a TV stand than a man, complete with his flat screen head. A bright red flair of a bowtie and a top hat - antenna's sticking out the top. You couldn't make this guy look more like a shmuck.

Then he opened his mouth.

"Sooo, uh. Luci. What gives?" All nasally, italian accent. Dramatic pause included. It's more of a sneer than a question, followed up by his tongue clicking against the roof of his mouth. His smile is wide and jagged, like two lightning bolts streaking across the screen where his cheeks would be, colliding into each other at the center.

Even the way he walks - shoulders dipping back with each stride, one then the other, back and forth, coordinating with every foot fall.

He makes his way up the stairs to the veranda of a monstrous palace. Greek inspired pillars opening to a wide porch overlooking green gardens and an apple orchard.

Lucifer is seated at an outdoor table set with tea. Posture rigid, right leg crossed over his left, back as stiff and straight as a board. He raises a teacup, sipping from it, and then lowering it back down with a soft clink. He shifts his attention to Vox, his eyes are heavy lidded making him look both tired and bored.

"Vox." He states, acknowledging his presence. "We have a problem."

"Yeah?" Vox snickers, now at the top of the stairs and rounding the first pillar to the table. "And what problem might that be?"

He stops in front of Lucifer, one hand resting on the small of his back and the other extending outward only inches, low and open. It's as though he's engaging in some shady drug deal and Lucifer is to deposit whatever he desires in his hand without being noticed. Lucifer merely looks down at the hand slowly, then back up at Vox's face before turning his head back straight ahead.

"You've been busy, Vox. Busy in places you shouldn't be. Alastor has brought the matter to my attention, and so I ask you... what... are... you... doing."

Vox retracts his hand, smile fading, and takes up residence in the seat across from Lucifer.

"Ya see Luci, I wouldn't worry about these trivial things if I were you. Ain't worth your time." Vox is deflecting.

"What isn't worthy of my time is your games. Out with it."

Vox chuckles. His eyes turning into slits on his screen and a mouth wide open, baring razor edged daggers for teeth. "Ahhh, Luci Luci Luci..." Dramatic pause. "I'm gonna wipe that fucking strawberry deer outta existence!"

"You haven't the power to do so." Lucifer's voice is flat, uninterested. Its spoken so plainly like a fact everyone knows.

"On my own? Sure. Ya got me there. But with enough.." Vox waves his hands in the air, as though trying to waft a delicious scent in his direction. "..distractions, well. Let's just say there's an entire Pentagram that would love to see him fall."

Vox leans back in his chair, draping one arm over the back of it and the other coming to rest on the table. He continues.

"Now I had a little trouble with some of the business owners. They like the status quo, money's good and stable in the deer district. They don't like change, so a couple of em popped off. So I popped them." Vox makes an impression of a gun with his hand that's over the chair, fires it and brings the pretend barrel up towards his face, blowing off the imaginary smoke.