Chris-mas Feud

Summary: It's never too late Christmas!! And also because I forgot to write this during actual Christmas. SOOOO....Christmas!! Yay. This is not Superfamily and since the Avengers were working Christmas cause Nick's a byotch, late party. But Steve and Tony get into a huge fight because Tony is overworked and Steve hasn't been getting enough me-time which he needs because he's just a big teddy bear. Also, post wedding. Also Also, I couldn't help with the pun, I apologise.

Word Count:- 1195
~LET'S GO~
POV:- Steve

"Tony, are you ready?" The post-Christmas Christmas party had just began downstairs. And since I preferred being early, I decided we should have left an ten minutes ago. Early is on time and on time is late; punctuality is a scam. Anyway, Tony just had a bit of last minute CEO business to deal with so being late on one day wouldn't be such a big deal. I walk towards his office sporting a reindeer jumper. He was still perched behind his desk, glasses on and the blue screen light illuminating his facial features: he wasn't ready.

"Yeah, just picking out a shirt!" He shouted out without even looking up, not noticing my presence in the room.

"Good to know your lie reflexes work." He jumped in his chair at the sudden voice in front of him. His eyes widened in realisation and terror. In conclusion, he was not going to like what was in store for him.

"Steve." He dragged his voice a little, probably trying to evoke pity, wasn't going to work. "It's just that I-" I put my hand up signalling him to stop. I had enough. This wasn't the first time we had to cancel plans for work and it wouldn't be the last.

"No. I am not letting you get away with this. Every time Tony, every single time!" I wasn't usually oe to get angry, I was generally rather calm and composed but that also meant that when I went off, I went off hard. My voice barely rose a few decibels by each word. I liked building up.

"Steve." He spoke quietly, his face cringing, hopefully at the self disappointment.

"NO! You don't get to speak. It's my turn!" I burst out. Tony jumped back in his chair making it roll back a few inches. He looked a little scared. I didn't want that but it was necessary. "Ever since the wedding, you have been taking me for granted." I lowered my voice just in case so I didn't disturb the party even though I knew the walls were soundproof. "Like that ring on your finger is an excuse to ignore me. Just because we're married, it doesn't mean you can brush me off like nothing!"

"I do NOT do that."

"When was the last time we had dinner together. It's been a couple months and you've come down for dinner maybe five times! I take time and effort to cook so that you won't have to eat take-out and I feel like you deliberately wait till it gets cold!" He looked downwards, not out of shame but to process his thoughts. Soon, he looked guilty. He opened his mouth to say something,probably an apology, but I wasn't done and I wasn't going to be anytime soon. "Also when was the last you've slept with me?" His head shot up and I realised by badly chosen words. "I meant actual sleeping. Why is it that I always seem to be sleeping when you're working? Or do you just sleep in your lab to avoid me, do you hate hugs that much?!"

"Steve, look it's not that. I just work until like three in the morning."

"And do you come to bed after that?" My arms had moved up and were crossed over my chest. I thought it would be more intimidating having an offensive stance. He again opened his mouth to say something but shut it at the loss of words and counter arguments. "Exactly."

"Well, in my defence, I'm usually so tired by then I just collapse in the couch in the lab. It's not like you're going to carry me up or something."

"Honestly, if it meant getting to wake up to you even twice a week, I would gladly carry you up, even if it was at three in the morning and I had to climb twenty flights of stairs." It was true. I missed the days when I would wake up to Tony. It was a beautiful sight indeed: his messy brown hair all entangled, the blanket on the floor and his legs wrapped around me in ways that shouldn't be humanly possible. Unlike now, when I wake to a cold bed, no dip in the mattress. Just alone. Tony, after hearing my comment, had resumed his position and continued staring at the floor this time with pure guilt.

"I'm sorry, I-"

"Stop acting like your 'sorry's matter. I don't need them, You don't have to say sorry to me, I just want, no need you to come up to bed and eat dinner with me and all the small things. Because believe it or not, I would love you more if I got to see you once in a while without having to bring you food and coffee to your lab. I miss the old Tony. The Tony that used to organise picnics in the park for dates which I cherished more than any expensive restaurant, the Tony that made me a hand-made photo album for Valentine's Day as opposed to a store bought card and a plastic rose. I don't need big grand gestures, I just want to know you've put thought into your present rather than just list it to the end of your priorities. What happened to him?" He said nothing, just looking at me straight in the eyes for the first time. I was on the verge of breaking down to be honest. My sobs started hitching in my throat, my eyes welled with unshed tears and my arms were used for the sole purpose of drying them.

Again, he didn't say anything, but he got up, and walked toward me rather quickly and pulled me into a hug. I stood diagonally to accompany my face resting in the crook of his shoulder. His rubbed soothing circles on my back while held on to him for dear life. "I am so sorry." And for the first time after what felt like a long time, it felt like he truly meant his words.

It felt like he truly cared.

~THE END~
I am soo sorry I haven't written like forever cause I am currently writing two books and one more on the way. My Avengers Highschool AU, my Wolfstar fanfic and one that I haven't yet started, a Malec fanfic because I just watched the series and want to start reading the books. Not sure which the fanfic will be based on cause I know they're quite different but I'll figure it out.
PS. Very important, please if you have any requests for one-shots, please comment or message me or anything and unless its smut or m-preg, I will be sure to write it(not comfortable with that yet)