I'm Ready to Get Nervous!

Summary:- This is I think my first one where they aren't dating...yet. And the picture says that anyway but if I'm being honest, I just liked the picture and decided to write something so get ready to be surprised cause I am too. Also, since I'm evil, I'm writing this in one POV so you have no idea how the other person feels.

Word Count:- 47
~LET'S GO~
POV:- Tony

F*¢* Pepper! I am so mad, I can't believe she cheated on me!! I swear I might kill the first person I see!
"Hey Tony." Double f*¢*! Okay, calm down Tony, you can't let Steve see you like this. But I will totally punch the next person I see! Maybe I should try one of those punching bags Steve always uses. Plus, hot damn his ass is on point when he's punching. What, no shut up!!
"Hi." Is was restrained. Not to mention the fact that it sounded like I hadn't had any water in the past month. I clear my throat and wow, my mouth was dry.
"Are you okay?" I realise I wasn't the only person in the room, and look up to see Steve standing there with an outstretched arm and a glass a water.
"Yes. Thanks." Again, it really wasn't that much better and that water tastes like liquid gold to me. Ahh.
"Feel better?" Aww, he's so thoughtful! Oh wait no, he's normal, I'm just not. Eh.
"Yeah." Finally, I sounded human! Now that my voice was back to normal, I finally got a chance to look at Steve. Ahh Steve, sexy sexy Steve. Wait, no shut up, you're straight! Right?

Anyway, he was wearing a peculiar T-shirt. It was a while before I could get my eyes of his bicep long enough to read it but it was still weird, it read 'SINGLE AND READY TO GET NERVOUS AROUND ANYONE I FIND ATTRACTIVE' in pink with a black background. I would bet good money on the fact that this was Natasha's doing.
"Nice T-shirt." It was suave and exactly what I was going for.
"Thanks, Clint made them and traded out my entire wardrobe." Clint! Damn it, lost the bet with myself. Eh, I'm still rich af so I don't care.
"I like 'em. Well, I've got to find a new CEO so I'll see you later." I don't want to leave!? I wanna stay here and lose myself in his eyes and then have him slam me against the count- wait what!? Uhhh, shut up mind! I'm straight and I love Steve as a friend....with benefits and someday have him fall in love with me and we get married under the suns- I need to desperately rethink my sexuality damn it. I've got to get out of here before I jump on him.
~Time Skip to Lunch~
POV:- Tony

I head back to the tower for lunch. It was a hectic morning, finding a CEO is exhausting but there area few good choices, far better that Pepper. I actually have no idea why I ever made her CEO, that was dumb which is weird because I'm a genius. Wow, when did my ego grow? Oh right, every day. The elevator finally arrives and I step inside.
"Hey J, is everyone here?"
"They await in the dining room near the kitchen." That's where I thought they would be. I actually have an entire floor dedicated to dining but that's only for like really special occasions. I sould turn it into a party floor or something.

Oh, here we are. The doors open to the dining room and heads all turn to me.
"Hey guys." After a lot of 'hi's, I sit down next to Clint. Steve is wearing a blue tee this time and it feels or rather looks tighter than the last one. Not complaining though. But one thing I can't get my hand around is why Clint would put that on his shirts. Which is why I sat near him.
"Hi." I know he's not gonna start and I have to strike a conversation before Pietro starts drooling over him in the other side.
"Haven't you got enough of those?" Honestly, he's the only reason I'm not the most sarcastic person on the team.
"Yeah yeah, whatever. What's up with Cap's shirts?" I went straight to the point. Wait, why is he smirking?
"So you noticed them." Of course I did, he's playing at something.
"Duh." I gotta get my sarcasm title back.
"Well, I was just playing around. Why? Wanna test it?" What is he talking about. He must've read my expression cause he added, "Meet me here at five." Okay? Before I even replied, he turned towards Pietro talking about stuff I wish I could erase from my brain! Uhh.

After lunch, I was supposed to go back to work, but after the talk with Clint, work is not what I'll be thinking of so, eh. Instead I head to Clint's room to try and convince him to perhaps prepone his 'experiment' to now or I might actually die of curiosity. I open his door and thankfully and actually surprisingly, he's there and even weirder, he's alone.
"Where's Pietro?" It's unusual he isn't here.
"Training with Wanda." Oh.
"So-"
"You wanna try the thing I was talking about now, don't you?" Wow, he's good. Well technically, he is an assassin so expected.
"Well, yeah."
"I'm bored so I guess, sure let's go." He's halfway through the doorway when I stop him.
"No, you have to tell me what we're doing." I need to know something.
"Nope." He smiles that wicked smile of his and I don't feel so good anymore. My instinct is to protest but then I risk it not happening at all. Damn it.

So its an overall very quiet journey to the living room for some reason but we don't enter, we stop at the door. I look inside and see Steve painting. He has one of those humongous canvases on a stand. Suddenly, Clint grabs my shoulder and pushes me in. What the hell?! I don't stop to argue because Steve notices me and all of a sudden, his face goes vermillion(reference, comment if you know). I have no idea what's going on.
"Hey Tony." He looks at me and smiles before going back to his painting. That smile made me go weak in the knees. He's so pretty! It isn't fair!
"Hi." At least it wasn't raspy this time. Improvement! Somehow a conversation about Pepper strikes up? I have no idea how. I mention our situation and he gets all weird like he's embarrassed or something. No its not that, its like he's flustered or......nervous.

Oh.

That's why Clint sent me here, this was his stupid experiment. Wait, if he is nervous, does that mean-? Does that mean he finds me attractive? Wait, that's not necessarily what's going on. I need to know or I'll explode. I guess it is true, curiosity actually killed the cat. Wow. Anyway, down to business. I'm gonna call him out on it directly, no beating around the bush! But before I can start, he talks...

"I like you Tony."

~THE END~
Its been a while before I've written. Right? I think. Anyway, hope you enjoy it! But no pressure, except on my friends, you guys better like it! I'm serious.