~Part 24~

Saturday

It was almost 7:30, the time Jimin said he was coming to pick me up and I was still doing my hair. I wanted to look my best for our date so I went for a new look. My mom helped curled my hair and I did my nails.

"Krua I told you, it looks fine! Why do you keep trying to fix it?" My mother agrued. I finally turned away from the mirror to look at her. "is it better?"

"It was never bad! You look beautiful!"

We both then heard the sound of the door bell and my heart skipped a beat.

"it's him, go, have fun" my mom said before giving me a quick hug.

"What if it's formal, this will be so embarrassing" I said as I walked backwards out of the dressing room, looking at my mom.

"you're wearing a dress-- now go don't keep the boy waiting". She kept pushing me but I was in panic mode.

I loudly whispered, "dresses can be casual and this one is".

"GO!" she loudly whispered back then pushed me further to the front door and waved me off.

I breathed in and out then slowly opened the door. When I did, I absoultly couldn't beileve my eyes. Was that an angel standing in front of me? Was it a prince?

Prince Jimin?

"H-- hi" I stuttered because I was busy admiring how handsome he looked. I mean he always did but he did it again!

"Hi," he replied with a smile, slightly blushing. His hands were behind his back. "you look... wow... a literal princess".

"Oh-- um.." my cheeks became bright pink and I grinned so widely that my face hurt. "thank you".

Jimin then moved his hands from behind his back and in one hand he was holding a flower. My face became even more bright.

"Come closer" he said. I shyly walked closer to him, not meeting his eyes when we were close.

Jimin pulled my chin up close to his face, my heart began to beat really fast by his sudden movement.

He then placed the flower in my hair, letting go of my chin. He took a step back as he admired my hair. "you look so pretty, seriously."

"thank you. You look pretty cute" I replied as I took a glance at the ground then at him.

He chuckled and said, "thank you. Shall we leave?" he waited for my response and I nodded. Then he took my hand and entwined his cute little fingers with mines as we started to walk down the street.

After a little while of walking I noticed that Jimin was taking me to an ice cream parlour.

He opened the door, letting me enter first. I walked into the cold, AC parlor and headed straight to the cashier.

"Hi, what can I get ya?" the cashier asked with a welcoming smile. I looked at Jimin who was now next to me. "What are you getting?"

He replied, "what? Do you wanna pick the same flavour as me?".

"maybe.."

I heard him chuckle under his breath as he looked at the flavours of ice creams.

"Krua?" I heard a familiar female voice called my name. Jimin and I both turned around and saw Kayte walking our way.

"Oh, Kayte, hi" I said nervously. I heard Jimin say to the cashier, "can I get a Chocolate ice cream please". "Sure thing" The cashier responded.

Kayte whispered with a huge grin on her face, "it's Mr. Park". She then imediately looked at Jimin. "Mr. Park".

Jimin turned around, acting as if he didn't know she was there. "Oh? Hi"

"Are you getting anything?" The lady asked while she looked at me. I responded, "Ah, yes. I'll have a chocolate ice cream please".

"No problem".

Kayte pointed at her face and asked Jimin, "Do you remember me? I attend the school you work at"

Before Jimin could respond the lady called, "here's your chocolate ice cream sir".

"Thank you" Jimin took the ice cream from the lady's hand. He then pulled out five dollars out of his pocket and gave it her.

"How come you left earlier yesterday Mr. Park? If it's okay to ask..." Kayte's voice got softer at her last sentence as she ducked her head a little.

"I got fired." Jimin responded almost imediately, leaving me shocked. He said it like it was nothing.

Kayte began to stutter. "f-- what? How?". her expression seemed disappointed. I mean, who wouldn't be?

"personal reasons" Jimin said polietly before he bit into his ice cream.

"here's your ice cream ma'am" The cashier said. I walked closer to the counter and took it from her. I reached into my purse and took out five dollars. I felt Jimin's hand gently pushed my hands back and he gave the cashier five dollars.

Kayte pulled me aside suddenly and whispered, "did Mr. Park just paid for your ice cream?"

"uh.. I think so?" I didn't know how to respond to that.

"girl... does he like you? Wait.. that's iilegal."

Jimin approached us. Kayte was still holding onto my shoulders.

"I'll be sitting outside." Jimin said to both of us. He gave me a look that I didn't understand.

When Jimin left, Kayte shook me. "hey! My ice cream's gonna fall" I raised my tone, sounding a bit annoyed.

Kayte looked at me, still not beileving what just happened. "Krua, do you like Mr. Park?"

My mouth moved as I tried to form words. It took me a moment before I said to her with all honesty, "Kayte, we live in the same neighborhood okay? We've known each other for almost 4 months"