"I'm Justin Royce." He suddenly speaks up making me snap my head back to him.

"What?"

"John last night was an alias so I also lied about my name. I think it's fair enough we call it quits about our identity."

He dares me to feel bad lying about my name then he goes and confesses he did the same.

I grasp the blanket and wraps it around me before standing up but then I wince a bit when the pain shoots from my core. Damn!

John... I mean, Justin stands up and slides beside me with a worried look on his face. "Are you okay?"

I tighten my grip on the duvet around me. "I want to take a shower."

"Sure." He steps aside and leads me to the bathroom. Along the way I notice that my clothes are already neatly folded and are on top of the couch. I blush in embarrassment. Did I sleep for too long?

Once I am inside the bathroom, I immediately let the warm water cascade down my body hoping to wash away the drifting memories from what happened last night. I feel dirty and embarrassed with what I did.

When I get out of the shower, Justin hands me a paper bag with fresh clothes. I take it shyly and in no time I emerge fully dressed with jeans and a sweatshirt.

Justin is sitting on the couch with a thoughtful look on his face. He seems to be thinking something serious with the way he his rubbing his index finger across his jaw.

"I...last night, I..." I couldn't find my voice. I want to tell him to just forget about what happened and I will just move on with my life just like nothing happened.

"What do you want?"

What? I frown at him. His stiff voice and the way he speaks gives me the impression that he's not playing around.

"Let me rephrase it, how much do you want?" he regards me with a stoic expression that it is so hard to read what he is thinking and there is something in his voice that changed. Gone was the playful and humorous John I knew from last night. His voice holds authority and it gives me the creeps.

"I... John, sorry, I mean Justin, I don't know what are you talking about."

"I've had women like you before. You offer me your body knowing I can pay you with a big sum of money."

His words cut through my heart and I feel the anger surge in my veins. He thinks I'm some kind of a prostitute?

"I know there's a huge debt running after you."

My anger was replaced with shock. "H-How did you know that?"

"Hannah, I have my own ways." Justin replies while twirling his phone on his hand. "And I have an offer you wouldn't resist."

"No." He seems surprised with my answer. "No, I will not accept whatever that is." I'm surprised with how I sound strong right now.

"Are you sure, Hannah?" he raises an eyebrow. "I already deposited half million dollars in your account."

What the? Half million dollars?

He raises my phone and I bet he already has gone through my messages and contacts while I was asleep. "I'm pretty sure the loan sharks will be very glad to get paid today, right Hannah?"

I feel the tears in my eyes but I hold them back. My mind suddenly gives me flashes of death threats on my door , reminding me of the constant worry and fear I have whenever I go out.

"What's the deal?"I almost choke on my words.

A victorious smile fleets across his face before it disappears. "Two months, Hannah. For two months, you give me what I want and I'll pay you."

"And what... do you want from me?" it comes out as a whisper and I could barely hear it.

He looks at me amusingly and smirks. "I think you know what I mean, Hannah."

Damn! I feel my knees go weak.
"But... two months?" I almost shriek at him.

"Yes, and this," he pulls out a check from his wallet and scribbles something before handing it to me. "Twenty-five thousand dollars for today."

I gape at him and I suddenly have the impulse to grab the chequee and tear it into pieces before his very eyes. I want to shout at him that I won't let him pay for my body and use it whenever he could. But... do I have a choice?

I slowly raise my hand to accept the check and it feels foreign in my palms. I look down and clearly, twenty-five thousand dollars is roughly written across the small piece of paper.

"Two months? Can't we...uhm...I don't..." Damn it, why am I stuttering? My knees feel weak and my voice seems to be stuck on my throat.

"Okay, here's the catch, Hannah. If you finish the two months, I will pay you a million dollars. Real talk." My eyes are about to jump out. A million dollars?

"But only after two months. If you back out and stop midway, I won't hold you back but you won't receive your bonus at the end." He smirks evilly and I suddenly have the urge to claw his blue eyes out even though they got me in the first place.

I fist my hands at my side and gulps. My response at this moment will turn my life around completely. Can I handle this? Should I choose to throw away my dignity to save myself from death in the hands of those cruel loan sharks?

I grit my teeth as I whisper the single word weakly surrendering to the fleeting sense of courage I felt.

"Deal."

It was a weak and agonized whisper but it was my voice.

---