Chapter Twenty-Six

Start from the beginning

I narrowed my eyes at her, suddenly feeling really grumbly. "You shh," I hissed back at her before turning to Erica and Dustin.

"We need to get out of here," Erica concludes.

"All right, Erica, you watch The Three Musketeers," Dustin tells her. "Make sure they don't go anywhere?"

"Where are you guys going?" Erica looks over at Steve, Stiles, and Robin before looking over at us.

Dustin pulls out the radio from Erica's bag. "To find us a ride. Come on, Stacey," I sighed softly and quickly walked after the boy.

We had made it to the theatre booth, backstage. "This is code red, I repeat..." Dustin continues on the walkie we had knelt down on the ground. "This is code red..."

It wasn't long before we had an answer. "Dustin?"

I recognised it as Mike's. I grabbed the walkie from Dustin. "Mike?"

"Stacey?" The singals cracks a bit.

"Mike!" Dustin and I exclaimed together, we both looked at each other, grinning. Holy shit, I've never been so happy to talk to him in my life!

"Oh, my God, you have to listen," Dustin quickly rushes out. "I know I have been MIA, and I'm sorry, it's not because I'm mad. I mean, I actually was mad, but it's also because Stacey and I were trapped underground in a secret Russian base."

Some more crackling from the weak signal. "I can't understand you-"

"I know that sounds insane, but the Russians have infiltrated Hawkins!" Dustin continues to explain. "The Goddamn Russians! And now they're after us and we don't have a way out of here, so I need you to come and get us."

I grabbed the walkie. "Can Nancy drive?" Some more cutting out. "Mike?"

"Guys, you there?" It cuts out some more.

My eyes widen. Dustin grabs the walkie from me. "Mike? Mike, do you copy?"

I grabbed the walkie back from Dustin and looked down at the battery. I have Dustin a quick glare. "The battery is dead because you used it all in the elevator shaft!"

"It's not my fault!" He exclaims.

"Who else's fault is it?" I huffed back. "You're the one that drained the battery and now we have to find some new ones or we're never gonna get out of here and we might die and I'll never be able to go back home and see my family and friends because of the fucking Russians!"

Dustin stares at me with wide eyes and I let out a breath and fall back onto the wall, closing my eyes. "I..."

"No," I had to keep myself from crying and I opened my eyes to look at him. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have taken it out on you,"

"It's fine," Dustin brushed it off and looked away from me. "It's my fault because I didn't take care of the battery use. And... I know how you get when you get tired and hungry..."

I inhaled deeply, then exhaled. "Sorry, Dusty,"

"It's okay," Dustin reassures me. "And we're not going to be killed by the Russians. We have two badass friends that are going to save us."

I sent him a small smile knowing he was talking about El and I. I bite my lip. "I don't deserve you."

He gave me the biggest grin. "Nah, I don't deserve you. You were sent from like, God, or something, I swear, I've been thinking about this for a long time."

I rolled my eyes. "I didn't get sent from God, you know that."

"Well, whoever sent you, I'm thankful to have known you, and I'm never gonna forget you once you've done your part here, Stacey," Dustin tells me, with a sad expression on his face as he glances over my way.

I gulped and offered him a small smile. "I'm not going to forget you, either, Dusty," with that, I shuffled over to him on my knees and we hugged briefly. "Right, let's go get some batteries."

And like that, we got up and walked out of the room and went back into the movie theatre. We walked down the aisle and sat back down next to Erica.

"Do you have any batteries? Double-A?" Dustin asks, looking over at Erica.

Erica shakes her head. "Why would I have batteries?"

"I always carry batteries," Dustin tells her.

Erica frowns. "Then what's the problem?"

"I need eight," Dustin glanced down at the walkie.

Erica looked at us with wide eyes. "Eight?"

"Shit," Dustin mutters. "Guess we'll have to go with plan B."

I looked over at Dustin, not aware of plan B he had coming up with his mind. "Plan B? What's plan B?"

Dustin didn't answer and leans forward, I followed him and let out a small groan. Steve, Stiles, and Robin weren't here.

"Where... are they?"

We went on a mission and ended up finding them in the bathroom stalls, Steve and Robin sharing one as they somewhat talked and I looked around in the others.

"Where's Stiles?" I exclaimed loudly, the two of them looked at me. My voice echos. Oh, my God, Stiles had to be okay somewhere, I couldn't bear the thought of him not being okay... well, more than he already is.

"In the men's room," Steve answers, pointing next door and I sighed in relief and exit the women's bathroom and entered the men's bathroom.

There was Stiles, on the floor, with his eyes shut and head pressed against the door stall. "Oh, Stiles," I mumbled and quickly got onto the floor, his eyes opened him and he looked over at me, with tears in his eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asks me quietly.

I let out a laugh. "You're asking me if I'm okay?" I shake my head with a dumb smile on my face. "I'm fine. What about you?"

"I think I threw up whatever I had in me that made me laugh every few seconds." Stiles rubs his hands over his face.

I beam. "That's good, that's great." I sighed. "Thank God you're okay." He shuffled over and I was next to him now and I laced our fingers together. I looked over at his face. "Let me clean you up."

He didn't object and I dragged him carefully over to the sinks, I grabbed some tissues from the bathroom stall and put it under some water and began to clean him up.

"Oh, I got a headache." He groaned not long after I finish up. He placed a hand on his head and squeezed his eyes shut.

"At least you didn't look like Steve," I chuckled, trying to lighten the mood. "He was a wreck."

"Can I kiss you already? Or do I have to wait-" I connected our lips together and he was responsive right away. I felt it. I felt the sparks, the happiness. I felt it all.

"All right, can we wrap it up, please?" I disconnect our lips and looked over at the others who were standing there. "We haven't got all day,"

I rolled my eyes and took Stiles' hand, before dragging him out of the men's room, and we were off.

A/N

This chapter is a cute chapter uwu!

I love Dustin & Stacey with all my heart!! They have the best relationship.

Anyways, thank you guys so much for almost 3K. It means the world to me that you're still enjoying this book! Sadly, we've almost wrapped up for the end of the season.

Comment, share, vote!