Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas snaps at Mike as El sits on the bed in his bedroom. "And you let Stacey wonder like a lost puppy!"

"Just listen to me." Mike quickly said.

"You are out of your mind!" Lucas repeated.

"She knows about Will." Mike quickly said again, making me frown. Who's Will?

"What do you mean she knows about Will?" Dustin asked.

"Who's Will?" I asked but they all ignored me.

Mike sighed and walked over to a picture of four boys standing there. I recognised Mike, Lucas, and Dustin, but there was another boy... it must be Will.

"She pointed at him, at this picture. She knew he was missing. I could tell." Mike explained and my eyes widen again. Will is missing? A boy is missing?

Lucas frowned. "You could tell?"

"Just think about it," Mike said. "Do you really think it was a coincidence that we found them on Mirkwood, the same place where Will disappeared?" Mike turns to me. "I bet you know something as well."

"Whoa, hold on-"

"That is weird." Dustin cuts me off.

"And she said bad people are after her." Mike rambled. "I think maybe these bad people are the same ones that took Will. I think she knows what happened to him."

"Then why doesn't she tell us?" Lucas demands. He looked over at El before walking over to her. "Do you know where he is?" He grabbed her shoulders. "Do you know where Will is!?"

"Stop it!" I cried out. "You're scaring her!"

He turned to me sharply. "She should be scared. And so should you. If either of you know where he is, tell us!" We both didn't say anything. "This is nuts. We have to take them to your Mum."

"No! Eleven said telling any adult would put us in danger." Mike explained.

"What kind of danger?" Dustin whimpered out.

"Her name is Eleven?" Lucas scoffed.

"El for short." I quickly added and they both ignored me.

"Mike, what kind of danger?" Dustin asked quickly.

"Danger danger," Mike explained. He points a handgun to Dustin's head like what El had done the other night. He moves his gun hand to Lucas.

Lucas slapped Mike's hand away. "No, no, no! We're going back to plan A. We're telling your Mum." Lucas stormed over to the door, but it was quickly slammed shut, making me frown. Lucas went to tug on it, but it wouldn't budge. It locks.

We all looked over at El, her nose was bleeding as she stares at the door. "No." She tells us.

-

El and I sat on the basement floor, El playing with the sumercomm, the boys were upstairs having dinner.

"El? Stace?" I heard Mike and we both looked up, Mike had a tray of food, with two plates on it making me smile. "No adults. Just us and some meatloaf."

"Thanks, Mike." I tell him. I was starving.

El looked over at Lucas and Dustin. "Don't worry, they won't tell anyone about you. Or Stacey." Mike explained to her. "They promise." Mike looked over at them. "Right?"

"We never would've upset you if we knew you had superpowers." Dustin giggles, Mike slaps Dustin's leg. "Ow!"

Yeah, no one saw El having superpowers coming. Little do they know a girl right in front of them can have this cut feeling about people being dead and scream through metal doors.

"What Dustin was trying to say is that they were just scared... earlier. That's all." Mike explained to El. He looked at me. "You don't have any superpowers, do you?"

I shake my head. "None that I can think of." I kind of lie.

"We just wanted to find our friend." Lucas added softly.

"Friend?" El repeats, frowning a little at the new word.

Lucas nodded. "Yeah, friend. Will?"

"What is "friend"?" El asks.

"Is she serious?" Lucas asked, his mouth open a little.

"Close your mouth, you might swallow a few flies." I tease him and he rolled his eyes. "Um, a friend is someone-"

"Is someone that you'd do anything for." Mike cuts me off.

"You lead them your cool stuff, like comic books and trading coins." Dustin continued to explain.

"And they never break a promise." Mike quickly adds.

"Especially when there's spit." Lucas continued. Spit? What is that?

"Spit?" El and I asked at the same time.

"A spits when..." Lucas spat on his hand and him and Dustin clapped hands. "You never break your word." I scrunched up my face-- gross. "It's a bond."

"That's super important because friends... they tell each other things." Mike said. "Things that parents don't know."

"And they always have your back." I nod and Lucas looked at me.

"You have friends?" Lucas asked.

"Yes." I mutter, rolling my eyes thinking of them. "More of a pack."

"A pack?" Dustin frowned. "Isn't that a wolf thing?"

I gave them a grin. "Maybe."

"You're weird." Lucas fires back.

I shrugged. "More ways than one."

It was about ten minutes later, I was still on the floor finishing up my food and the boys and El were standing around.

I watched as El walked over to the board game and sat down at the desk. I stood up and walked towards her, the boys doing the same.

"What's the weirdo doing?" Lucas whispered.

She had closed her eyes as we surrounded her. "El?" Mike asked softly.

She opened her eyes and lifts up one of the players on the board game. "Will." She softly said making the boy's eyes go wide.

"Superpowers." Dustin commented.

Mike moved to sit down next to her. "Did you see him? On Mirkwood? Do you know where he is?"

El glanced over at him before shoving all the characters onto the floor and flipping the board over. I frowned. She puts a monster character on the upside-down board.

"I don't understand," I muttered.

"Hiding." She softly said.

"Will is hiding?" Mike said, El nods, staring at the wizard character. "From the bad man?" She shakes her head. "Then from who?"

She grabbed another character on the board, I'm pretty sure it's Demogorgon, from the game D&D. The boys looked at each other.

A/N

Hello everyone, welcome back!

Thanks so much for all the support so far, it's crazy! <3

I love you all so much, thanks!

Comment, share, vote!