Chapter 50.

•A Few Days Later•

~Nathan~

"You okay?" I asked Bethany as I got dressed after my shower.

When her and August got back from seeing his mom, she didn't talk much and went straight to bed.

Although, she seemed more talkative this morning, I was still worried.

"Yeah." She glanced up at me after slipping on a pair of sandals. "It's just...a little hard being back here. Being back in this house. But I'm alright."

"Good. How you feeling about meeting with your dad?"

She sighed.

"Eh. Not necessarily nervous, but just anxious to see how this will go." She stood.

"I hear you. Well you know if you need me, I'll be here." I laid back on the bed.

She gave me a small smile and moved to kiss me.

"Thank you. I appreciate you being here for me."

"Of course baby."

My phone dinged with a text message but I ignored it.

"See you." She grabbed her purse and phone before kissing me goodbye. "I'll be back soon and you and I can spend some time together, okay?"

"Sounds great."

She grinned before leaving.

As much as I'd love to go with her, I knew this was something she needed to do on her own.

Guess I'd have to find something else to do while she was gone.

My phone pinged again and I rolled across the bed to  grab it from the nightstand.

Lynne: Miss you. Wryd?

I smiled.

Just chilling. Waiting on bae to come back

Lynne: How lame. If you had traveled back to my home town with me, I wouldn't be leaving you alone all the time

Watch it

Lynne: 🙄I'm just being honest Nate

Still. It's a lot for her to be back here, I'm just giving her the space she needs

Lynne: Yeaaah yeaaah. While you and her baby daddy sitting up in the house together like sister wives watching the kids

Funny🙃

A knock at the doorway pulled my attention from my phone.

August stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"Wassup?" I sat up in the bed.

"Ima drop Rena off with my moms while I go around to run some errands. Wanna ride with me?"

I fought the urge to raise my eyebrows in surprise.

"You want me to go with you to the store or dry cleaners or something?" I asked.

He made a face.