Chapter 43.

Remember to vote!

~•Jay•~

"What the fuck do you mean cancer?"

I sighed.

"Niecy, that's not-"

"I know what cancer is Jaylyn." She snapped. "How long have you known?"

"A little over a month but-"

"A fucking month! Jaylyn Reneé, how the hell could you keep this shit from me? I'm your fucking fiancé! What do you have to say for yourself?" She scolded.

Okay I deserved that.

I shouldn't have kept this from her but I was scared of her reaction, for valid reasons.

"Niecy I'm sorry. I-" I started.

"I'm so disappointed. I'm about to be your wife! How could you keep this from me? Did you not trust me? You know I love you with everything in me and you just-"

"Ni!" I yelled, then took a deep breath before continuing in a lower tone. "Let me talk mama. Come here." I patted the spot beside me on the bed.

She plopped down with a childish huff.

"When I first found out, I was scared as shit. I had suspected something was very wrong a few months before I even went to the doctor but I was in denial. Yes, I know I should have told you once I got the diagnosis but I was scared myself baby. I didn't know how to take it. So like most negative things in my life, I tried to ignore it."

"You can't ignore cancer dumbass. You have to monitor it, and fight it. With chemotherapy and pills, and surgery, and all that other shit Jay. Are you not gonna even try to fight it?"

"Yes I'm fighting it." I chuckled. "But it's just a stomach ulcer baby, not cancer. I'm meeting my physician next week so I can get started on some treatment for it."

"OH. So an ulcer and a tumor aren't the same thing?"

"No ma'am." I shook my head. "A stomach ulcer isn't as serious a diagnosis as cancer. At the most I have to change my diet and lifestyle, cause those are a few of the main causes."

"What's another cause?" She questioned.

"Stress." I smiled sheepishly and she gave me a look. "I know I know, you've been on me for so long about me stressing myself out for so long. But I will definitely do better, I promise."

"Well good, but how the hell...w-what" She sighed. "I was just so worried that I was going to lose you. I didn't know what to think."

I hugged her to me and kissed her forehead and she started to cry.

Loud and dramatic sobs, of course.

"Shhh, damn you're crying more than me." I tried to joke, but felt my eyes watering. "It's okay Ni, I'll get through this."

"I can't imagine how you're feeling." She looked up at me, her bottom lip trembling.

She grabbed my face and kissed my lips, and I kissed her back, snotty nose and all.

"I love you." She mumbled. "Please don't leave me."

"I love you more Wifey. I'm not going anywhere."