Chapter 14.

~Bethany~

I pulled up to the building and quickly walked inside after locking my car.

I spotted the photographer by the set and made my way over to him.

"Mr.Gustavo," I put my hand out politely with a smile. "I'm-"

"Late." He stated, snapping his fingers twice. "Lisa. Donna. Get Beatrice into hair and makeup, pronto!"

"It's Bethany..." I corrected quietly.

He swiftly walked away, completely ignoring my hand.

Two Caucasian women, a brunette and a blonde, walked up to me and gestured towards an area reserved for me.

I sighed and took a seat in the chair.

They immediately went to work undoing my ponytail and cleaning my face.

"Is he always soo..." I paused trying to find the right words.

"Demanding? Dickish?" The brunette spoke. "Yes, most of the time."

I laughed and they both joined me.

"I'm Donna." The brunette said and pointed her thumb at the blonde. "That's Lisa. We've been working with that bastard for 10 years."

"Why so long?" I asked in disbelief. "He doesn't seem like the greatest boss."

They both nodded.

"True. But the pay is good for a hairstylist and makeup artist working for Fabion Gustavo. Even better when you're sleeping with him, right Lisa?"

Lisa set the foundation brush down before giving Donna the finger.

"Oh save it for Gustavo."

I laughed as Donna fixed the seat so my head could lay in the shampoo bowl.

After washing and drying my hair, she plugged up a flat iron and waited for it to get hot.

"So how long have you been a model?" Donna asked as Lisa set out my makeup.

"Less than a year actually." I replied, playing with my nails.

"What made you start modeling, if you don't mind."

I bit the inside of my lip, trying to answer her question without giving too much away.

"I did it for my daughter." I said simply.

She nodded, accepting my response, and began styling my hair.

When she finished, Lisa stepped up and brushed the foundation onto my face lightly.

"You are very pretty." She said in a surprisingly thick Russian accent. "I tell Gustavo, no make up for you but he say 'All models wear makeup'." She rolled her eyes.

I laughed slightly as she started the rest of my makeup.

A while later, she clapped her hands and took a step back.

"Done! Time for wardrobe."

She swiftly stood me up and another blonde woman gently grabbed my arm and pulled me further into the building, to a door marked Wardrobe.

"Hey, I'm Kelly and I'll be your be in charge of your wardrobe for this shoot."

I smile and shook her hand.

"I'm Bethany. Nice to meet you."

She smiled back and turned to a rack.

"This is your outfit for your set of pictures."

My eyes widen and I look at her.

"That? You want me to pose in that?"

••••

"Okay Betsy, I need you to profile for me." Gustavo says, putting the camera up to his face. "Now strike a sexy pose."

I followed his instructions and rested the fingertips of my left hand on my left shoulder while slightly tilting my head back.

The camera flashed a couple times before he pulled it away from his face, shaking his head.

"No, no. It needs something else." He frowned. "What am I missing here people?!" He shouted to everyone behind him.

Everyone remained silent, even Donna.

"Wait..." A man walked towards me until he was practically breathing down on me.

"Um..." I mumbled uncomfortably.

"Let me help you." He whispered in an attractive British accent. "Can I?"

I nodded my consent.

He swiftly brushed the hair from on the left side so that it completely covered the left side of my face. "There. Now you look even sexier than before."

He tilted my chin back and more to the front before winking and walking away.

I felt myself blushing slightly but the moment was short lived when Gustavo starts yelling again.

"Thank you! At least someone is doing their job right."

The camera started flashing again as the shoot continued.

••••