Chapter 34.

~August~

I watched Bethany pick up her phone, read my text, and then sit the phone back in her lap.

I sighed.

A couple weeks ago, I made the mistake of kissing Bethany during an argument, and after she damn near slapped the taste out of my mouth, she kicked me out and I had to stay at a hotel.

Thankfully, she still let me see Angel and agreed to bring her on this trip to New Orleans, but only on one condition.

My eyes narrowed slightly as Nathan slid his fingers through Bethany's and kissed her temple, making a smile immediately appear on her face.

The only way I could get both Angel and B to come was if I also invited Navy to come too.

Every damn time I turned around, his thick neck ass was glued to her damn side.

But he hadn't tried to fight me or anything so I guess she hadn't told him about the kiss.

At least not yet.

Angel was sitting in her car seat beside me playing with her My Little Pony and holding on to my hand with her other little one.

At least my baby girl still loves me.

I grabbed my phone and checked to make sure Nathan is distracted before texting Bethany again.

Can we talk?

A few seconds later, she glanced at her phone but didn't pick it up.

C'mon B, I already apologized over and over. You can't keep ignoring me.

I sighed and dropped the phone in my lap, looking out the window of the plane.

My phone chimed with a notification.

I glanced down in surprise to see she responded.

Baby Mama👅❤👶: Watch me.

I peeked up and caught her watching me before she looked away quickly.

I watched her fighting a smirk, and I smiled.

That's my girl.

•••••