Chapter 21.(Part 1)

•One Day Until Angel's Bday Party•

~Niecy~

"Babe, hand me that box of purple lights." I said, looking down the stepladder to see Jay staring up at my ass with a smirk on her face. "Jay!"

"What! It's mine so why can't I look at it?" She palmed my ass and laughed when I almost lost my balance.

"Stop playing 'fore I bust my ass!" 

"Oh hush. Here." She handed the box of lights up to me. "Why are you putting these lights up anyway? Ain't this their job?" She pointed to the equipment managers I hired.

"Yeah, but this is something I can do by myself. So I can at least say I did something besides sign the checks." I shrugged and stapled the string of lights to the wall with the staple gun.

"Actually, Bethany signs the checks sooo..." She started laughing and begins to walk away.

"Suck my big toe!" I shouted after her.

"Every night baby!" She laughed over her shoulder. "With whipped cream and strawberries."

"Get a room!" Demarco, one of the workers, said.

The room erupted with laughter and I grabbed my ringing phone from my pocket.

I didn't recognize the number but I answered anyway.

"Hello?" I put the phone between my ear and shoulder as I cautiously climbed down the ladder.

"Miss Niecy?" 

"August. Hey, how are you? Has your plane landed?" A smile slid on my face.

"I'm good and yeah, the pilot said the  plane landin' in 'bout 25 minutes." He confirmed.

"Great!" I did a little dance. "Do you need me to come get you?"

"Uh yeah, I guess. But ion wanna cause no problems with whateva you doing. If you too busy, I could call a cab or-"

"No!" I yelled, then lowered my voice when Jay raised her eyebrow at me. "I mean...No. It's not a problem.I just have to tie some things up here then I'll be on my way. I'll call you when I get there."

"Ight." He chuckled lightly. "Bye Miss Niecy."

"Goodbye Mr. Alsina." I bit the corner of my lip.

He hung up and I squealed in excitement.

I listened to some of his music and Lord he can sing!

He was about to blow the roof off this damn party.

"The fuck you smiling for?" Jay pulled me from my thoughts.

"The entertainment for Ang's party is about to touch down in about 30 minutes and I gotta pick him up." I squealed again.

I guess I said that with too much enthusiasm because she straightfaced me.

"What?" I questioned.

"You got a little too excited talking about this nigga. You tryna fuck him?" She accused. "Is that where you going? That's probably why he's really here, huh?"

The workers around us stopped and looked at us crazy.

I am not about to deal with this.

"Jay shut up." I pushed past her towards the exit. "I don't have time for yo bulllshit."

"Ni!" She called before I heard her heels clicking after me. "Niecy wait. I didn't mean it."

"Fuck off." I mumbled, unlocking my car with a sigh.