Chapter Three

A day has passed since you and Hop went out training. You wanted to train more today, however, Hop was busy outside of town. This left you on your own to practice. You decided to head out onto Route One and train with just your Pokemon.

However, you didn't want to battle wild Pokemon. You felt it was rude to walk into their home and beat them up without cause. You would just have your Pokemon challenge each other and learn.

Electrike was far ahead in training, so you decided to work with Eevee and Nickit. You wanted to know what Nickit's abilities and moves were.

Currently, Nickit and Eevee are standing in front of eachothe; Nickit lazily cleaning itself while Eevee stands in a battle stance.

"Nickit, come on, I just want to help you become stronger," you pleaded. Nickit ignored you.

You never dealt with a Pokemon that was once wild. Both Electrike and Eevee had been hatched from eggs. Electrike was with you since you were two, and Eevee was given to you at the age of thirteen. Now you were eighteen.

So, apparently it takes more to get a Pokemon to be tamed and listen than just capturing it. This was made self-evident by Nickit's refusal to listen to you.

"Having trouble there?" a voice asked from behind.

You gasped and spun around, locking eyes with a pair of energetic, golden eyes. Leon. He had a warm smile on his face.

"U-Uh," you stammered stupidly.

"I get it, my first time was rough," Leon continued. "Sometimes, Pokemon want a little attention before they decide to listen to you."

He walked past you and crouched down to the Nickit, scratching it behind its over-sized ear.

"Hey, little rascal," Leon teased. Nickit purred happily.

Stunned by his sudden kindness, you stood still for a few moments before walking over to join him. You crouched by Nickit and patted its furry back. It licked your hand, as if trying to clean it, to thank you.

"Hey there," you giggled.

"You see, Pokemon are a lot like us," Leon explained. "Sometimes, they just want a little love. They're not easily trusting, just like us."

You studied for Leon for a second. There wasn't an ounce of arrogance in any of his statements so far. Was he just being fake, or was it possible you were wrong about him?

"I never considered that," you replied.

"How? You had two other Pokemon that you could've learned from," Leon stated.

Scratch that. He was a jerk. You rolled your eyes and sighed.

"Look, I appreciate the help, but I definitely don't need help," you said.

"Oh, it's no big deal, let me help you out a bit," Leon dismissed. "How about we have a Pokemon battle? I'll go easy on you."

You looked at him as if he was crazy.

"You're the champion! You'll hurt my Pokemon with your team," you whined, genuinely concerned.

"Just because I'm the champion doesn't mean all of my Pokemon are super strong," Leon cut you off. "I still very much like to raise Pokemon. Currently, I have the three starter Pokemon of Galar with me."

He showed you three Pokeballs, none of which you recognized as the special Pokeballs that held his champion team.

"Fine," you sighed.

"Have Nickit watch so he can learn how he can learn to become a good fighter," suggested Leon. Nickit looked up in surprised, looking enthusiastic about the idea.