Chapter Nine

Your eyes slowly opened as sunlight shone through the thin fabric of the tent. You tried to sit up, but something warm and firm was wrapped around your midsection. You looked down and saw two strong arms around you. Your face heated up as you realized Leon was spooning you, intentionally or not.

You noticed that there was pressure on the top of your head, which you found out to be Leon's chin as you heard soft, rhythmic breathing. He was still fast asleep. So clearly this was unintentional.

"Leon," you said quietly.

"Just a few more minutes," Leon mumbled.

You elbowed Leon in the side. "Get up! Diantha wouldn't approve of this."

Leon's eyes snapped open and he realized the situation he was in. He immediately pulled away, his face pink.

"I'm sorry! I don't know what happened," Leon said nervously.

You laughed it off. "It's okay. We just can't do that because you're with Diantha, remember?"

"Right, Diantha," Leon said, uninterested. "She wouldn't care."

"Why?" you asked.

Leon's eyes widened as he realized he said something he shouldn't have. "I'll explain some other time."

Was there something about Diantha and Leon's relationship you didn't know about?

"Let's forget about this," Leon said. "We have to get you to your next Gym!"

---

Along the way to Hulbury, Leon helped you with training. He didn't train against you this time, since the only Pokemon he had with him was his champion team and didn't want to hurt your Pokemon.

Leon was a nice guy and all, but he nitpicked your every move and your battle style. You knew it was for your own good, but it got mildly frustrating after awhile.

Eventually, you made your way to Hulbury. Leon smiled at you sadly.

"Unfortunately, this is where I have to leave," Leon said. "I have to meet with Diantha for business reasons back in Motostoke." 

"Oh," you replied quietly, feeling heavily disappointed he won't be there for your second gym match.

For some reason, the mention of Diantha left a sour taste in your mouth.

"When will I see you again?" you asked sadly.

Leon's expression brightened. "Right after you get your badge from Nessa! The third gym of the challenge is in Motostoke."

You grinned. "Really?!"

"Yep, and I'll be renting more rooms for you and Hop once you make your way back," Leon said. "You might want to hurry. I received a text from Hop that he already registered to be on the list for a battle soon."

Leon sent his Charizard out from its Poke-ball. Charizard let out a mighty roar, catching the attention of passerby. It would be a matter of seconds before fans swarmed Leon.

"Anyway, I better get going," Leon said. He pulled two things out of his pocket and handed them to you. "The card is a Flying Taxi pass. Just call the number on the card and show them the pass and you can fly to places you have already been. Unfortunately, they make you walk to destinations you haven't gone to so they can keep their lines open."

You looked at the paper on top of the card. A number was scrawled onto it. "And what's this paper for?"

Leon rubbed the back of his neck. "That's my number. Keep in touch, alright? If you need help call me."