Chapter Thirty-two

Hello guys! Long time no see. Almost been a year. Oh well. Here's the long awaited chapter and just know I plan on finishing out this series soon.

You watched a video from the article in agony. The title was "Champion's Homewrecking Bully Lover". Clearly, whoever wrote this title certainly didn't like you.

"Galar's prized champion, Leon, has been seen in this photo with a girl who is NOT Diantha!" exclaimed the newswoman. "Who could she be? Let's cut to Bill, our leading reporter."

The video transferred to the face of none other than the reporter who had snapped a photo of you and Leon before. He had a smug smirk on his face, staring through the screen as if to taunt you. You grit your teeth and glared down at your phone screen.

"Hello Galar, what you see on the screen is a cheater with his own personal bimbo. I came across them and asked how Leon could do this to Diantha, the girl in the photo threatened to ruin my life," 'Bill' sniffed fakely. "I have never been so insulted. Anyone I showed this picture to didn't believe me. Then, I got lucky to catch this girl in the act of attacking the Chairman's son."

The video of you shouting at Bede rolled. You deflated, realizing the world didn't know what harassment he put you and Hop through.

You turned off your phone, unable to handle watching anymore. You looked around, noticing those in the area staring right at you with disdainful expressions. You felt yourself shrink down, not knowing what to do.

----

Leon had just gotten off the phone with Chairman Rose. It had not gone well. He got an earful about the controversy that has been set forth and his dwindling reputation. Rose was adamant that Leon would not confess that his relationship with Diantha was all a sham, but he didn't have another solution.

Diantha hadn't contacted Leon just yet. He hadn't seen her in weeks and hadn't heard from her in days. She was going about her movie star business and likely hadn't caught up with the media just yet. He needed to discuss with her on how to repair the situation.

Most of all, he was worried about you. He knew this would destroy you as you were trying to make a name for yourself, only for it to be destroyed with lies.

Leon immediately dialed your number.

----

Your phone rang and the caller ID showed that it was Leon.

You quickly picked up, hoping for some reassurance and a solution for this terrible situation.

"Leon, please tell me you have an answer to this," you pleaded.

"I'm currently working on it," Leon said. "Please hold on tight."

"I-I can't!" you started breathing heavily. "This is exactly what I feared would happen!"

Suddenly, you burst into tears as the gravity of the situation finally got to you.

"I know, I know, but there has to be a way to fix it!" Leon exclaimed. "No problem is unfixable."

You appreciated his attempt to cheer you up, but it wasn't working. "Everyone in Galar hates me right now."

Leon was silent for a few seconds. "I don't hate you."

"Everyone else does," you whined. You anxiously glanced around at the people staring at you. You started to exit the town, unable to handle all the glares.

"I'm taking more damage than you! I'm the bully homewrecker, I bet they're going to label you as some sort of victim as well!" you cried.

"Don't overthink this," Leon sighed.

"Of course you don't care, with your perfect champion life," you spat with contempt. Your eyes widened at your sudden burst of resentment. You took in a deep breath and realized you shouldn't take your anger out on Leon. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have burst out like that."

"I understand, you're under a lot of stress," Leon replied.

"I just wish you were here with me," you whispered. You anxiously glanced around you and decided the best course of action was to run into the woods, away from the judgmental glares.

You could hear Leon sigh on the phone. "I'll meet you in Circhester."

You perked up. "R-Really?"

"You probably need a shoulder to lean on right now," Leon said. "I, myself, am receiving some hateful messages. Yet, it seems that the fanbase is more adamant on attacking you."

"Why?" you questioned."

"That, I can't answer," Leon replied. "My fans have always been crazy."

You chuckled. "Well, I'm already on the path to Circhester. So far, nobody else is on the path so I'm going to go before I could be seen."

"Alright, so (y/n)," Leon started. "I really... really... c-care about you!" The phone switched off. He hung up.

Leon, the confident champion, stammering? You wondered what that was about.

Your happy attitude disappeared and your shoulders drooped. Your life as you knew it was destroyed. You knew your friends had known about you and Leon, but what about your father? He watches the news. You wondered how he felt that his daughter was an alleged homewrecker. All you wanted was to be happy with Leon.

You felt a couple Poke-balls in your bag shift. Your Pokemon could feel your sadness. You smiled softly. You shivered as a cold breeze ripped through the path.

You were growing close to the end of the path. You looked up and noticed snowflakes falling, and the green grass was beginning to turn white as you grew close to the cold climate of Circhester. For a second, you smiled as you realized you were close to the next step of your journey. You began to jog, growing excited with the same childlike energy you held for the majority of your journey.

However, all of that came to a crashing halt as you made eye contact with a woman on the path. The steely, cold glare reminded you of your position and you immediately deflated. Your shoulders hunched together and you looked down at the ground as you resumed a slow walk.

This city was making you feel cold.

No promises for when the next chapter is, but I have it half written. I've been working on a new story for the last month. Hopefully the new chapter and the new story comes out sooner than later. No later than like March 15th for the chapter since so much is done.

Thank you for the read and don't forget to vote!